none
Display cumulative percenatges on SSRS Pareto chart

Question

• How can I display cumulative percenatges on top of the line curve in a pareto chart using SSRS 2012? By the way, I selected pareto under cumulative attributes(show columns as).
    Thursday, August 01, 2013 6:47 PM

Answers

• Hi yrzna,

To display the cumulative percentages at the top of the curve in a pareto chart, we can use the following steps:

1. On the design surface, right- click on the curve which uses to display cumulative percentages, and select  Show Data  Labels.
    2. Back to the design surface, right-click on the Label and select  Series Label Properties.
    3. In the Expression dialog box, modify the expression to look like this:
    =formatpercent(runningvalue(Fields!SalesAmount.Value,sum,"SeriesGroup")/sum(Fields!SalesAmount.Value,"SeriesGroup"))

For more information about display cumulative percentages, please see the related section under the figure 11 :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa964128(SQL.90).aspx

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Saturday, August 03, 2013 11:10 AM

All replies

• How can I display cumulative percenatges on top of the line curve in a pareto chart using SSRS 2012? By the way, I selected pareto under cumulative attributes(show columns as).
    Thursday, August 01, 2013 6:44 PM
  • create lines from your series group.  For example to see cumulative percentages of Bonus:

=RunningValue(Fields!Bonus.Value, Sum, "SeriesGroup") / Sum(Fields!Bonus.Value, "SeriesGroup")

Ryan D

Friday, August 02, 2013 12:41 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post.

I move the post to SQL Server forum for better response.

Best regards,

Cece Dong
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, August 02, 2013 5:29 AM
  • Hi yrzna,

To display the cumulative percentages at the top of the curve in a pareto chart, we can use the following steps:

1. On the design surface, right- click on the curve which uses to display cumulative percentages, and select  Show Data  Labels.
    2. Back to the design surface, right-click on the Label and select  Series Label Properties.
    3. In the Expression dialog box, modify the expression to look like this:
    =formatpercent(runningvalue(Fields!SalesAmount.Value,sum,"SeriesGroup")/sum(Fields!SalesAmount.Value,"SeriesGroup"))

For more information about display cumulative percentages, please see the related section under the figure 11 :
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa964128(SQL.90).aspx

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Saturday, August 03, 2013 11:10 AM