none
Speech Patform SDK 11

Question

• How do i install the speech SDK ?

when i install it doesn't show up in the kinect for windows browser window.

Saturday, August 09, 2014 11:20 AM

Answers

• Hi

Speech Platform SDK doesn't add any new element to Kinect for Windows Browser. It allows to import Microsoft.Speech assembly into Visual Studio projects, so you can use the speech recognition functions in your developments.

If you downloaded it from Kinect for Windows Browser link and installed the SDK executable without errors, you can already use it. Rembember you should install language packs separately if you want to use recognition in other language/culture than EN-US.

Monday, August 11, 2014 9:13 AM

All replies

• Hi

Speech Platform SDK doesn't add any new element to Kinect for Windows Browser. It allows to import Microsoft.Speech assembly into Visual Studio projects, so you can use the speech recognition functions in your developments.

If you downloaded it from Kinect for Windows Browser link and installed the SDK executable without errors, you can already use it. Rembember you should install language packs separately if you want to use recognition in other language/culture than EN-US.

Monday, August 11, 2014 9:13 AM
  • I have already installed Speech Platform SDK 11 and Runtime both 64bit, but the application would not speak at all i have tried  setting couple of properties, but its not working, can you please send a sample application, to which i can pass in a string and it speaks up that string, it looks like something with the Installation of Speech Platform, but what is it, i already followed all Debugging Steps , re installed couple of times, also tried x86 versions, but nothing is working, 

When i put try catch around the block than i start to see exception , otherwise without Try Catch it would just pass through code without any exception and would not speak either

here is the code i am using 

using Microsoft.Speech

SpeechSynthesizer synth = new SpeechSynthesizer(); // Begin speaking the prompt. synth.SpeakAsync("The weather forecast for today is partly cloudy with some sun breaks.");

please help

Omar

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 3:49 PM
  • Omar this is not the forum for the Speech API's you need to contact the developer resources on the website for Text to Speech help.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh323805(v=office.14).aspx

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:55 PM
    Owner
  • As Carmine said, this question is not really about Kinect but, just in case this help to clarify: Kinect language packs don't include any "voice". Voice packs are nedeed for speech synthesis, they can be downloaded here (remember to scroll down below*_SR_* files and you reach *_TTS_* files). Omar, maybe you are missing this packs.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 9:09 PM