Error 0x8007048F Disk Partition is not connected.

Question

• Well, I was just formatting the second(Logical) drive D: of my Hard disk, on which ages ago I had installed a copy of Vista. Some folders such as Windows folder and Program files folder remained on the partition and the UAC troubled me each time I wanted to access the partition. So, when I decided to format the D drive, from a boot disk of Vista, I was surprised to know that Vista said it cannot be formatted. When I cancelled Setup, started Windows, and right-clicked the partition and clicked format, it suddenly disappeared from Computer view and this crazy error 0x8007048F started popping up. Can I or can I not access the partition? How to fix the problem? Please advise.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:37 PM

Answers

•  

This forum is dedicated to device emulator. Since your question is not related to device emulator, it's off topic here. 

If you’re having a hardware issue, please contact hardware manufacturer or reseller. If you having an issue with 3rd party software, please contact respective software manufacturer or reseller. Otherwise please post to relevant forum or news group:

http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx

Closing as off topic.

Thursday, November 20, 2008 5:41 PM