none
SP2013 RS - Adding a New "Data Source" or "Report Builder" in a Library

Question

• I've installed SQL Server Reporting Services SharePoint Integration Mode. I also enabled SQL Reporting in the Library setting. But, When I click to open a new "Data Source" or "Report Builder" an error occurs:

'New Document' requires a Microsoft SharePoint Foundation-compatible application and web browser. To add a document to this document library, click the 'Upload Document' button.

SharePoint 2013 Enterprise

SQL Server 2012 SP1 + RS add-in + PowePivot add-inn

MS Office 2013 Professional Plus

Internet Explorer 10

I've also tried a hotfix pakage for office 2013 called: owssupp2013kb2726997fullfilex64glb

Sharepoint Stssync Handler add-in infromation in Internet Explorer:

Name:                   SharePoint Stssync Handler
    Publisher:              Microsoft Corporation
    Type:                   ActiveX Control
    Architecture:           32-bit and 64-bit
    Version:                15.0.4517.1001
    File date:              ‎Tuesday, ‎May ‎21, ‎2013, ‏‎12:57 PM
    Date last accessed:     ‎Today, ‎December ‎16, ‎2013, ‏‎36 minutes ago
    Class ID:               {BDEADEF5-C265-11D0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}
    Use count:              6
    Block count:            0
    File:                   OWSSUPP.DLL
    Folder:                 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15

Monday, December 16, 2013 9:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Ali,

According to the current description, the issue may occur because SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services add-in feature for SharePoint 2013 isn’t installed correctly.

To resolve the issue, you need to reinstall add-in feature for SharePoint 2013.

References:
    Install or Uninstall the Reporting Services Add-in for SharePoint
    Document Library - Enable New Document, Edit Document Features

If the issue persists, please feel free to contact me.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Heidi Duan
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:48 AM
  • I've re-installed add-in feature for SharePoint 2013 repeatedly. But it still doesn't work. Thanks anyway.
    Saturday, December 28, 2013 8:08 AM
  • Hi,

i had the same problem. First we figured out, that the Report Builder was working in the  Root Site Collection of a Web Application but not in any other Site Collection of the WebApplication.
    After that we took a look how the Report Builder is started. The Content Type got a Click Once Application as Template, but you can't open the URL in the Browser neither the referenced file can be found in the Feature folder on the SharePoint Server. Turns out SharePoint does some crazy http redirection and that this doesn't work on Site Collections which are not at the root. At least if you installed Reporting Services Add In Service Pack 1.

Fun Fact: If you start the Report Builder on the Root Site Collection you can create a Report which works on any Site Collection. Its just the launch if the Report Builder which is broken.

Our Solution was the SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 Cumulative Update 8 which fixed the Problem.

You can request a download here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2917531
    Select the "2012_SP1_RSShrPnt_CU8_2917531_11_0_3401_x64" Fix and install it on every SharePoint Server in your Farm.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 6:49 PM