none
How to install PowerView on SharePoint 2013 and SQL Server 2012?

Question

• I have SharePoint 2013 front-end server and SQL Server 2012 database server.  I have also Application server for Analyses Services. So currently there are three servers on Farm.

I would like to create PowerView dashboards, which fetch data from Analyses Services OLAP Cube.

What services needs to be installed in addition to current configuration? Do I need reporting services installed? What is best practise where to install? Should I install it to front-end, SSAS application server, dedicated application server or database server? Should I install in SharePoint mode?

Kenny_I

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Kenny,

Power View is now a feature of Microsoft Excel 2013, and is part of the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services (SSRS) add-in for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 and 2013 Enterprise Editions. So we need install SSRS SharePoint Integrated Mode before we can install Powerview. Here has a blog about Configure Power View (Reporting Services Features) on existing SharePoint 2013 Farm With BI Features which tell us how to configure it step by step, please refer to the blog to install PowerView.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
    Charlie Liao

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Kenny_I Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:31 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:27 AM