Casablanca fails Windows App Cert Kit

Question

• If I try to run  my application through WACK, it shows an error in the results: '...casablanca110.winrt.dll has failed the AppContainerCheck check.' Is it just a bug? or is there any reason why Casablanca doesn't support WACK?

Thanks.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:05 PM

Answers

• We're hoping to have a refresh out within three weeks.

Along with bug fixes, it will have performance improvements and support for batch operations for Azure tables, which will complete the Azure storage APIs.

Please note that the Casablanca EULA does not currently allow you to use it for production software, so you should not use it to actually market an application in the Windows Store until we have shipped it as a supported product.

Niklas

• Marked as answer by Prosto GAMES Friday, October 26, 2012 10:08 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:03 PM
    Owner

All replies

• We validate the DLL against WACK before releases, and we did so this time, too. When we ran it, it came out clean.

Are you validating a Release build or a Debug build? Only the former is supported by WACK. The C runtime has well-known dependencies on WACK-banned APIs when built in Debug mode.

Niklas

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:56 PM
    Owner
  • If what I described in my previous reply is not your problem, could you copy the section of the validation report that shows a failure here so we can examine the specific problem.

Thanks,

Niklas

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 5:59 PM
    Owner
  • Steve Gates here on the Casablanca team reminded me that this is, indeed, a release management bug. We fixed an /APPCONTAINER validation issue (i.e. not a banned API issue) during validation, but the check-in of that fix failed to make it in when the official binaries were built.

Sorry for confusing matters,

Niklas

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 6:26 PM
    Owner
  • Niklas,

Thanks for the information. Do you have any rough estimates when Casablanca bits will be refreshed and we will have the fix for this bug?

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:55 PM
  • We're hoping to have a refresh out within three weeks.

Along with bug fixes, it will have performance improvements and support for batch operations for Azure tables, which will complete the Azure storage APIs.

Please note that the Casablanca EULA does not currently allow you to use it for production software, so you should not use it to actually market an application in the Windows Store until we have shipped it as a supported product.

Niklas

• Marked as answer by Prosto GAMES Friday, October 26, 2012 10:08 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 3:03 PM
    Owner