none
Project Server Views Notification Service is not processing xml files

Question

• Hi, We are using Project Server 2003 version and found an issue on view notification service.

There are lot of files (almost 2500 files) got stuck in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Project Server 2003\BIN\VIEWDROP location. I am trying to process them by placing 5 to 10 files at a time but no luck, tried stopping and starting the service multiple times. It is processing when I place a single file but taking long time i.e. more than 15 minutes everytime.

Is there anyway to speed up this process? Server reboot option is there but not sure whether that helps based on some previous experience on similar issues. Thank you in advance!

Venki

Thursday, January 23, 2014 2:40 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Typical issue with Project Server 2003, I would seriously consider upgrading to Project Server 2010 / 2013.

What is the set up? Do you have multiple servers, for example has you got a dedicated views server or just a single all in one Project Server 2003 server? Just checking as you will need to be restarting the views service on the Views server if you have split out the roles.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:40 AM
  • Hi Paul- Thanks for responding to my query. We have only a single server setup for the project server 2003. We do have recently started setting up Project Server 2010, but still 2003 is going on until we completely setup and migrate to 2010 which is expecting at least for next 6 to 8 months.

Venki

Sunday, January 26, 2014 7:04 PM
  • As it is a single server I would just arrange for a quick reboot of the server to see if that helps :)

Bet you can't wait for 2010 to go live!

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Sunday, January 26, 2014 9:40 PM
  • Yes Paul. we have done the server reboot as well, but no luck. Thank you again!

Venki

Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:59 PM