Create Scenarion for Performance testing ?

Question

• Hi,

I am working on Very complex project which includes lots of Third party Tools Such as (EBS,AF Database,OLGa etc..). Actually i am working on ENU domian project. I have stuck to create a scenarios for Template creation.

Here are my Project descripts:

Its create the temple for each wells/Volume/Resorvoirs along with attributes. Each attributes have diffrent Value we have to set the Values to generate a notification.

So can you help me how i can proceed to capture this ?

Thanks

Ravi.. 

Thanks, Ravi Shanker

Thursday, April 12, 2012 11:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Ravi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Do you mean that you want try to create a web test for your app?

Web tests work at the protocol layer by issuing HTTP requests. Web tests are used to test the functionality of Web applications and to test Web applications under load. Web tests are used both in performance tests and stress tests.

As you said that you using the third party Tools, so I’m not very sure that whether the web test could support them, since we didn’t use these tools, but I suggest you try to record a web test and check it.

About how to create a web test:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms182538(v=vs.90).aspx

In addition, we often use the Fiddler tool to record a web test, see: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/slumley/archive/2007/04/17/enhanced-web-test-support-in-fiddler.aspx.

Hope it could help. If I have misunderstood anything, please make free feel to let us know.  

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, April 16, 2012 4:55 AM
  • Hi Ravi,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. 

What about this problem now?

Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestion?

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:30 AM
  • Hi Jack,

I dont have any concern to share the result but before sharing the Result : i have stucked on some another queries i.e is VSTS support Silverlight Controls.

I have been to MSDN help and i found  that we need to set AutomationProperties.AutomationId or AutomationProperties.Name implicitly or explicitly. But in our application we have not use this property.

And now i am using VSTS tools for CodedUI test..

So can you help me that Is there any Explicitly method so that we can add somme addins for same so that it can capture all the XML file ..

Thanks

Ravi 

Thanks, Ravi Shanker

Friday, April 20, 2012 8:41 AM
  • Hi Ravi,

Glad to receive your reply.

It would be better if you open up a new thread for the new question. In this way, our discussion here will not deviate too much from the original issue. This will beneficial to other community members as well. You could post it Visual Studio UI Automation Testing (includes CodedUI). Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Monday, April 23, 2012 4:32 AM