none
best way to sync sql server agent jobs between two servers

Question

• hi all ,

is there any better way to sync jobs in AG Environment and log shipping we have 100's of jobs and 35 sets of servers we need to compare  all jobs is there any way we can easily do this.

Thanks,

Ashwin.

Friday, December 06, 2013 8:57 PM

Answers

• we have log shipping when ever we failover we manually script out all jobs and compare and make changes on DR side so i want to automate this process and dont know where to start from.

do u have any idea on this 

Hello,

In logshipping only data is transferred from primary to secondary .Jobs, logins DTS packages are not transferred .What you is script out jobs,logins and packages  from primary and when you failover to sec ,i mean when se goes read/write run this consolidated script it will hardly take a minute to create it.

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Monday, December 09, 2013 6:01 PM
  • Unfortunatlly, there is nothing built into SQL Server to update jobs between replicas (like log shipping).  You must manually sync them, or create a job which automatically scripts and updates them. 
    Monday, December 09, 2013 6:54 PM

All replies

• hi all ,

is there any better way to sync jobs in AG Environment and log shipping we have 100's of jobs and 35 sets of servers we need to compare  all jobs is there any way we can easily do this.

Thanks,

Ashwin.

Hello,

Can you elaborate more about what is your definition of sync job in Logshipping environment.Some more details would be helpful

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Sunday, December 08, 2013 8:12 AM
  • we have log shipping when ever we failover we manually script out all jobs and compare and make changes on DR side so i want to automate this process and dont know where to start from.

Monday, December 09, 2013 5:36 PM

Hello,

In logshipping only data is transferred from primary to secondary .Jobs, logins DTS packages are not transferred .What you is script out jobs,logins and packages  from primary and when you failover to sec ,i mean when se goes read/write run this consolidated script it will hardly take a minute to create it.

Monday, December 09, 2013 6:01 PM
  • Unfortunatlly, there is nothing built into SQL Server to update jobs between replicas (like log shipping).  You must manually sync them, or create a job which automatically scripts and updates them. 
    Monday, December 09, 2013 6:54 PM
  • this doesn't work i tried to install it 
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 4:18 PM