none
Can't update automation project from VS2012 to VS2013

Question

• I have an Automation project in VS 2012.  When I tried to update it to 2013, it was a disaster.

UIAutomationClient.dll gets an error because it is now part of UIAComWrapper.dll which Visual Studio added in 2013.  This makes it impossible to have the same solution for 2012 and 2013.    If in 2012 I reference only UIAComWrapper and try to compile in 2012,  I get get conflict with UIAutomationTypes.  If I remove UIAutomationTypes, it seems UIAComWrapper is missing some things. 

closl

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 2:07 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please help!!   

I'm trying to convert my automation project from VS2012 to VS2013.  I'm having a big problem with it.  It seems something has changed in the framework.  One post in another forum said to remove the using statement for System.Windows.Automation and then use the "Resolve" right click menu.  That appeared to work until the last file was updated and then I got 400 errors all looking like this:

cannot convert from 'System.Windows.Automation.AutomationElement [c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\ReferenceAssemblies\v4.0\UIAComWrapper.dll]' to 'System.Windows.Automation.AutomationElement'

my using Statement is "System.Windows.Automation"  Why is it trying to use UIAComWrapper?

closl

closl

Monday, March 03, 2014 4:37 PM
  • Hi closl,

I think that there's also a 'System.Windows.Automation.AutomationElement' defined in UIAComWrapper.dll, but not the same with the one defined in UIAutomationClient.dll.

I don't know WPF UI automation, and Visual C# forum is not a correct forum for your question. So I'm merging it with your another question posted in Windows Desktop Development for Accessibility and Automation forum.

Here's a question similar with yours:

Problem upgrading to Visual Studio 2013 (UIAComWrapper.dll)

If it doesn't help, I recommend that you submit a feed back in Microsoft Connect, engineers from Microsoft will take care of this problem seriously.

Thank you.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 04, 2014 7:55 AM