none
Meeting Workspace - Why can't I make the Attendees a series item?

Question

• When created a recurring meeting workspace, for attendees list the 'Share List Items Across All Meetings (Series items)' is not enabled (Attendees -> Settings -> List settings -> Advanced settings). It has Yes/No radio buttons but the Yes option is always disabled.

How do I make it enabled? Its enabled for other list items in the meeting workspace like objectives, agenda etc.

Why is it only for attendees list that is not enabled?

Thursday, July 21, 2011 10:33 AM

Answers

• Attendees can have different responses to each meeting, therefore by it not being series items, you can track who was at which meeting accross every meeting.

If you dont want this, perhaps create a different type of list, perhaps a custom list with a person column, and use this in series to show who should be there.

Regards, Chris
    • Proposed as answer by Pigglywink Monday, July 25, 2011 9:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by SPNick Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:52 AM
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:12 PM

All replies

• Attendees can have different responses to each meeting, therefore by it not being series items, you can track who was at which meeting accross every meeting.

If you dont want this, perhaps create a different type of list, perhaps a custom list with a person column, and use this in series to show who should be there.

Regards, Chris
    • Proposed as answer by Pigglywink Monday, July 25, 2011 9:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by SPNick Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:52 AM
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 12:12 PM
  • Thanks, Chris, that's the workaround I used to give the users what they want.  I just don't see why people are not given the option to make it part of a series if that's what they want when all the other parts in a meeting workspace can be. 

Nick

Thursday, July 21, 2011 3:14 PM