Is possible to set Turbo Engine N1?

Question

• I didn't set the "General Eng Throttle Lever Position", only set "TURB ENG N1:X" with a valid value each sim frame,  for example 90 (percent),  but when I looked the N1 value in EICAS, the N1 readout is still 24 (idle throttle level), does that mean I can't set the N1 value seperately? Thanks a lot.
    Friday, June 19, 2009 8:43 AM

All replies

• As a general rule, you can't set simulation variables pertaining to aircraft engines and systems.  All you can do is set the inputs to those systems, like levers, switches and buttons.  N1 for example is dependent on fuel flow, so the only way you can get it to change is with the throttle.

Si
    Monday, June 22, 2009 11:39 AM
  • Try this one:

SimConnect_AddToDataDefinition

(m_hSimConnect, DEFINITION_SIMOBJECT_SET_ENGINE1_THROTTLE, "GENERAL ENG THROTTLE LEVER POSITION:1", "Percent", SIMCONNECT_DATATYPE_FLOAT32);

and then after

float fPercent = 0.9f;
    SimConnect_SetDataOnSimObject(m_hSimConnect, DEFINITION_SIMOBJECT_SET_ENGINE1_THROTTLE, nESPID, NULL, 0, sizeof(float), &fPercent);

Monday, June 22, 2009 1:50 PM
  • Thanks, understood.
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:16 AM
  • Thanks a lot, It seems I have to set the throttle level.
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:17 AM
  • And if I remember well, only once not every sim frame ;)
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:42 AM
  • You might also want to consider trapping and masking all incoming engine 1 throttle and general throttle events as they will also set that value.  This only usually causes a problem if there is a joystick throttle connected as if it spikes by even a single bit, and event will be received by ESP and the engine throttle will be changed accordingly.  There's also all the key binding events for the throttle that you might want to trap and mask also if you want to be absolutely sure than a user can't mess with your throttle setting.

Si
    Friday, June 26, 2009 12:44 PM