none
Cannot create VC++ project

Question

• Visual Studio 2013 Update 2.

Cannot create VC++ project (console or MFC).

I am "getting ...VCWizrds\default.vcxproj ' cannot be opened because it s project type (.vcxporj) is not supported by this version of the application.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sunday, April 06, 2014 10:01 PM

Answers

• Hi O'Leg,

If you get an issue when you repair your VS, I still feel that it is your VS setup issue.

Maybe you could uninstall it and reinstall it again. I also test it in my side with VS2013 Professional (install VS2013 update 2), I could create the VC++ apps normally.

To make sure that it is not the setup file, maybe you could re-download it from the official site, and then re-install it again.

Please check whether you get any messages when you install it. So we could make sure that whether it is the VS setup issue.

Before you re-install it, if possible, you could locate to the IDE folder then run these commands:

Devenv.exe /ResetSettings

Devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 3:03 AM

All replies

• Hi O'Leg,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Which VS2013 version are you using, VS2013 ultimate or other Version?

Do you make sure that you could create it before you install the Update 2(RC)? You would make sure that your version supports the VC++ apps, as far as I know, the express version has some limitations.

You download the update here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42307

Am I right?

Maybe you could repair your VS if you make sure that it worked well before.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, April 07, 2014 8:47 AM
  • I was trying to run repair - but it is stuck in last (if I should believe in progress bar is indicating) step.

Any suggestions?

Monday, April 07, 2014 6:59 PM
  • Hi O'Leg,

If you get an issue when you repair your VS, I still feel that it is your VS setup issue.

Maybe you could uninstall it and reinstall it again. I also test it in my side with VS2013 Professional (install VS2013 update 2), I could create the VC++ apps normally.

To make sure that it is not the setup file, maybe you could re-download it from the official site, and then re-install it again.

Please check whether you get any messages when you install it. So we could make sure that whether it is the VS setup issue.

Before you re-install it, if possible, you could locate to the IDE folder then run these commands:

Devenv.exe /ResetSettings

Devenv.exe /ResetSkipPkgs

Best Regards,

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 3:03 AM