none
Windows Mobile 5 and midlet

Question

• Hi guys,

I have a MIDlet. I purchased a certificate from thawte and signed it. But when I try to install it in my device with Windows Mobile 5 it says "Unable to verify the digital signature." I have chekced the certificates and there is a root certificate for thawte. Alternatively I tried to install it on nokia 6630 and everything went fine. It was installed as trusted 3rd party application. Can anyone help me to sort this problem with windows mobile 5.

Also where can I set API access permissions for java applications, it is easy to do in nokia s60 phones but could find a way to do that in windows mobile 5?

Many thanks

Monday, June 18, 2007 9:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It's difficult to tell what your problem may be. Windows Mobile has no standard java virtual machine, so the answer would possibly be specific to the specific virtual machine installed on your device.

My initial guess is that the certificate is not of the correct type, or that the Java Virtual Machine has an alternative certificate store.

Can you tell us which Java virtual machine is installed on your device? You may have better luck trying to find a support forum/newsgroup specific to that product.

Hope this helps,

Christopher Fairbairn

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 12:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It's difficult to tell what your problem may be. Windows Mobile has no standard java virtual machine, so the answer would possibly be specific to the specific virtual machine installed on your device.

My initial guess is that the certificate is not of the correct type, or that the Java Virtual Machine has an alternative certificate store.

Can you tell us which Java virtual machine is installed on your device? You may have better luck trying to find a support forum/newsgroup specific to that product.

Hope this helps,

Christopher Fairbairn

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 12:46 AM
  • I can not tell for sure which virtual machine is installed, it just says MIDlet Manager nothing else. I do not know where to check the type of virtual machine, if you could advice me on that. Thank you for your answer
    Tuesday, June 19, 2007 8:16 AM
  • How do i get around installing a web application as a midlet on a P560 PDA. I have the Jar and JAD files and i am also using IBM's J9VM.

Any help Akkihan?

Thanks Alot,

John

Sunday, March 30, 2008 9:43 PM