none
Setup Mysite search for document search

All replies

• Can you be more specific about what you are trying to achieve? SharePoint provides a good search engine out of the box.
    Sunday, January 26, 2014 8:58 PM
  • Thanks for your response.  I have people search and search in general working ok on our SharePoint 2010 portal and even from user's Mysites.  However the issue is that users are not able to search for documents on their own document libraries.  I have tried a number of solutions but nothing seems to work.  

Example of error returned is as below when searching from Mysite and using the default "search this site..." window or bar. The "find  people" window from Mysite top menu section again works ok but breaks if I changed the preferred search centre to the site collection URL that I created for Mysite web app to return results.  

Error Msg

We did not find any results for budget.

Suggestions:
    •Ensure words are spelled correctly.
    •Try using synonyms or related searches.
    •Try broadening your search by searching from a different site.
    •Try removing search refinements or using more general keywords.
    Additional resources:

Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:48 PM
  • Are they searching for documents in their private or public areas? 

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:56 PM
  • Thanks.  I'm searching from Mysite, My Content, using the search bar in this areaa.  I guess  this is private to them however would include documents they have chosen to make public or share with others.

Sunday, January 26, 2014 11:14 PM