none
SSRS Report Viewer webpart not applying parameters when user changes them and updating report

Question

• I have a Sharepoint 2013 and SSRS 2012 system I am working on.  I have an SSRS report with 4 or so params that works fine  from an SSRS perspective seemingly.  

I am trying to display the report on a SharePoint page with the out of the box SSRS Report Viewer web part.  This works fine for the first rendering, but when a user changes the parameter vales (mainly multi value select lists)  to change from say selecting all to only a few and then clicking apply, the report refreshed but is still showing the original select all paramter criteria and not actually applying the users changes.  This functionality/report works fine if I run the report directly and not try to display via the report viewer webpart.  Any suggestions?  I have toggled the async rendering setting on the webpart but that did nothing that I can tell.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 3:44 PM

Answers

• Hi JasonDWilson77,

After taking a sample test in my environment, everything goes well. In your scenario, I guess may be someone had modify the current report like remove the filter in the report with Report Builder, then the parameter is useless. We can Edit the current report in Report Builder render the report to check this issue. Or we can redeploy the normal report from Report Designer to SharePoint Library. Then directly render the report in SharePoint Library to make sure the report is fine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:12 AM

All replies

• I have a Sharepoint 2013 and SSRS 2012 system I am working on.  I have an SSRS report with 4 or so params that works fine  from an SSRS perspective.  I am trying to display the report on a SharePoint page with the out of the box SSRS Report Viewer web part.  This works fine for the first rendering, but when a user changes the parameter vales (mainly multi value select lists)  to change from say selecting all to only a few and then clicking apply, the report refreshed but is still showing the original select all paramter criteria and not actually applying the users changes.  This functionality/report works fine if I run the report directly and not try to display via the report viewer webpart.  Any suggestions?  I have toggled the async rendering setting on the webpart but that did nothing that I can tell.

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 3:42 PM
  • Hi JasonDWilson77,

After taking a sample test in my environment, everything goes well. In your scenario, I guess may be someone had modify the current report like remove the filter in the report with Report Builder, then the parameter is useless. We can Edit the current report in Report Builder render the report to check this issue. Or we can redeploy the normal report from Report Designer to SharePoint Library. Then directly render the report in SharePoint Library to make sure the report is fine.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong

Thursday, April 24, 2014 6:12 AM
  • Thanks Katherine.  I am sorry, I do not understand your reply. Sorry!
    Thursday, April 24, 2014 1:35 PM
  • Hi JasonDWilson77,

I mean maybe someone had modified the report with Report Builder in SharePoint Library, we can render the report with Report Builder to check this issue. Or we can redeploy a fine report to SharePoint Library to check whether the Report Viewer webpart is ok.

The following screenshot about Edit report in Report Builder is for your reference:

If there are any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong

Friday, April 25, 2014 1:36 AM