none
Running CE5 .NETCF 2.0 app on a Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 Classic device

Question

• What are the prereqs for this app to run on this device? I've been deploying to CE5 device and connected the Windows Mobile 6.5 device and tried to run in debug mode and get this error via ActiveSync on an XP box

The device security
    configuration disallowed the connection. Ensure that you have the appropriate
    certificates on your device for development. Review your SDK documentation for
    proper security settings for connecting to this device.

Thursday, July 05, 2012 8:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Check readme files in the follow SDK folders:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Mobile 5.0 SDK R2\Tools\Rapisecurity\"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Mobile 5.0 SDK R2\Tools\Securityconfiguration\" 

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, July 06, 2012 4:14 PM
  • Thanks Ilya,

The directory \Windows\Start Menu\Accessories does not display on the right side but I can see it on the Folders side of Windows Explorer..  I can see it in the Folders side of Windows Explorer but on the right side it just lists the two folders Programs and Settings.  Is the readme correct?  If I try to copy the cpl file into the Start Menu\ Accessories on theleft side I get an "Error Copying File - Cannot copy RapiAllowed:  Cannot fnd the specified file. Make sure you specify the correct Path and filename." The OS is Windows Embedded Handheld. 

So i guess I need to activate both the SecurityOff.cpl and the RapiAllowed.cpf on the Windows Mobile 6.5 device? The older CE5 device doesn't have a phone....is that why i need to activate these certs etc?

Friday, July 06, 2012 6:06 PM
  • Last time I used these tools was about 4 years ago but from what I recall it was correct. I don't currently have WM device or VS 2008/WM SDK installed to try it out.

By the way, there may be an issue with expired SDK certificate. You may try to roll back time on to 2008 or something. 

Also see if this article helps: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb278107.aspx

CE devices do not have these features, it's Windows Mobile only from what I recall.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, July 06, 2012 6:22 PM
  • Well bummer.  I started the Step by Step and got to the first step and the Setup.msi for the Security Configuration Manager Powertoy for Windows Mobile will not even run - get a message that this is not a valid Windows msi file. 
    Friday, July 06, 2012 7:08 PM
  • Friday, July 06, 2012 7:27 PM
  • Nope that installs but its for WM 5 and won't work in WM 6.5 at all.  Is there a Security Configuration Manager Powertoy for WM 6.5?  I've been hitting deadends all afternoon.
    Friday, July 06, 2012 7:58 PM
  • Ok I installed two SDKs on my Windows XP dev box:

Windows Mobile 6.5 SDK Refresh has two flavors – Professional and Standard.

• Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK Refresh
    • Windows Mobile 6 Standard SDK Refresh

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6135

then

The Windows Mobile 6.5 Developer Tool Kit

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17284

After that I went into my VS2005 project and selected to deploy to Windoes Mobile 6 Standard Device.  And it ran after numerous security prompts. 

So this is the answer and I'll start another thread on how to set up security access for development.

• Marked as answer by Mimosa Arts Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:33 PM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:33 PM