none
MSDAORA.1 is not registered on local machine

Question

• Hi Guys!

My app throw exception with the message of "MSDAORA.1 is not registered on local machine" in iis7, but it's normal in vs(debug mode), what's the problem of that?

ODAC version: 11

development and deployment in a same machine.

Saturday, November 27, 2010 1:25 AM

Answers

• Another potential issue is that you're running a 64-bit version of Windows Server and the Application Pool your web app runs under in IIS is not enabled for 32-bit applications. MSDAORA is only supported for 32-bit applications.
    Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    • Marked as answer by Roahn Luo Friday, December 10, 2010 2:00 AM
    Monday, December 06, 2010 5:07 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for your thread!

When you use Visual Studio Development Server, you rely on Windows Integrated authentication to access pages and database (SQL Server or maybe others), however, if you run under IIS, you actually use ASPNET or NETWORK SERVICES account. Other difference is the access to the resources the page requires including reading and writing other pages, registry and so on. The following document described how to use the two servers: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/58wxa9w5.aspx

Based on my search, this error message usually happens when you use Oracle database, what you need to do is to set the system variable ORACLE_HOME to the oracle home directory. Please take a look at the following thread for more comments: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sqlintegrationservices/thread/f328b660-7814-4b06-8cca-960a3055b315

If the issue persists, please feedback here with more information: database you use, IIS configurations, or a detail step with code snippet to reproduce.

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,
    Roahn Luo
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com
    Monday, November 29, 2010 3:22 AM
  • Hello,

I'm writing to check the status of this thread. Please let me know if you have more concern on this issue. Thanks a lot!

Welcome to Microsoft All-In-One Code Framework to download or request code samples from Microsoft Community Team!
    Monday, December 06, 2010 10:02 AM
  • Another potential issue is that you're running a 64-bit version of Windows Server and the Application Pool your web app runs under in IIS is not enabled for 32-bit applications. MSDAORA is only supported for 32-bit applications.
    Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
    • Marked as answer by Roahn Luo Friday, December 10, 2010 2:00 AM
    Monday, December 06, 2010 5:07 PM