Database connection error - Retry

Question

• Sine my last post about my problem was quite chaotic, I now try again. I have VB 2008 with Microsoft Office 2007 (I am not using a mac - i am using legit windows XP with a newer Office) and have Access 2007 installed and up-to-date.

But when I try to create a database connection (just doing what the wizard tells me to) it says the following: 

[ An error occured when creating the new data source:

Could not get type information for 'NAWgegevens.profielkeuzesDataSet'. ]

I have clicked the "try connection" button in the process of making the DataSet and it said it could connect. But now this! I really annoys me and i don't know what to do next. I have the database on C:/vb2008databases/profielkeuzes (profielkeuzes is the name of the database, NAWgegevens is a table in that database - And i only need that table, but still).

Please help me, if someone knows how to solve this problem, let me know.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 12:39 PM

Answers

• What happens if you try to create a connection to a different Access database file?

Try creating a new project, then create a new datasource in the new project.

(the above will help isolate the problem. If you you can connect to a different file, and/or can connect from a different project, we will know your VB 2008 installation is OK. If you are unsuccessful,  your VB 2008 installation will have to be repaired or redone.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 4:22 PM