none
Problem unloading Excel addin

Question

• Hi, I was trying to unload an Excel addin (.xla) from the Excel program by deselecting the item from the Add-ins list. The add-in was deselected, but when I reopened Excel, the icon still existed on the menu bar. I then uninstalled the add-in from my computer, and the add-in was removed from the add-ins list of Excel, but somehow the icon still didn't go away. Is there a way to solve this? Thanks.
    Tuesday, October 09, 2007 2:53 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

We were expecting the reply to the response posted by Harjit . Since you are not able to reply .

We are closing this request .

Thanks for contacting Innovate on Office .

Uday

Thursday, November 01, 2007 6:23 AM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Innovate On Office Advisory Services. 

The following is the details of your request:

[Support Request Description]:

- You had an add-in created for Excel, which was deselected, removed from add-in list and even uninstalled from the machine. But still the icon appears in the menu bar.

[Next Step]:

- Please provide me the following information to troubleshoot the issue further.

- What is the operating system (with SP level)

- What is the version of Excel (e.g. 2007, with SP level)

- What happens when you click the icon on the menu bar.

Thanks,

Harjit.

Thursday, October 11, 2007 6:06 PM
  •  

Hi ,

We are expecting a reply from you on the response posted by Harjit . This is a gentle reminder about that .

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 12:35 AM
  •  

Hi ,

We are expecting a reply from you on the response posted by Harjit . This is a gentle reminder about that .

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:09 PM
  •  

Hi ,

Uday
    Tuesday, October 23, 2007 10:09 PM
  •  

Hi ,

We are expecting a reply from you on the response posted by Harjit . This is a gentle reminder about that . This is the reminder No 3 . We may need to close this request if we will not recieve your response within 1-2 days .  

Uday
    Friday, October 26, 2007 6:15 AM
  • Hi ,

We were expecting the reply to the response posted by Harjit . Since you are not able to reply .

We are closing this request .

Thanks for contacting Innovate on Office .

Uday

Thursday, November 01, 2007 6:23 AM