TFS 2012 Problems with Reporting and Analysis Services

Question

•  I've installed TFS 2012 twice on a fresh set of servers

I cannot seem to get the reporting services reports working. Rebuilt the warehouse and analysis services cube. First I the data sources seemed to be unusable, when I tested them I got a message saying logon failed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.LogonFailedException: Logon attempt for user 'xxxxxxxxxxxs' failed., Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.LogonFailedException: Log on failed. Ensure the user name and password are correct. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.ImpersonationContext.Login(String userName, String userPwd, String domain)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---;

processing!ReportServer_0-1!f90!07/20/2012-13:28:26:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot impersonate user for data source ''. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.LogonFailedException: Log on failed. Ensure the user name and password are correct. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

library!ReportServer_0-1!5c8!07/20/2012-13:28:26:: Call to GetSystemPropertiesAction().

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I granted the account used for the data sources server admin. That at least made them usable.

Then when I ran reports I keep seeing this message:

Bug status, remaining work:

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Query execution failed for dataset 'dsArea'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)

Bug trends

An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)

Query execution failed for dataset 'dsIteration'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)   

I rebuilt the warehouse and the analysis services cube using the TFS Admin console, as well as the web service and SQL Server management studio.

The reporting services log shows the following:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

processing!ReportServer_0-1!918!07/20/2012-13:19:41:: w WARN: Data source 'TfsOlapReportDS': Report processing has been aborted.

processing!ReportServer_0-1!918!07/20/2012-13:19:41:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset 'dsArea'. ---> Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdErrorResponseException: The Team System cube either does not exist or has not been processed.

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdConnection.XmlaClientProvider.Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.IExecuteProvider.ExecuteTabular(CommandBehavior behavior, ICommandContentProvider contentProvider, AdomdPropertyCollection commandProperties, IDataParameterCollection parameters)

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.AdomdCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.AdoMdCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.RuntimeDataSet.RunEmbeddedQuery(Boolean& readerExtensionsSupported, Boolean& readerFieldProperties, List`1 queryParams, Object[] paramValues)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.RuntimeDataSet.RunEmbeddedQuery(Boolean& readerExtensionsSupported, Boolean& readerFieldProperties, List`1 queryParams, Object[] paramValues)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.RuntimeDataSet.RunDataSetQueryAndProcessAsIRowConsumer(Boolean processAsIRowConsumer)

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.RuntimeDataSet.Process()

at Microsoft.ReportingServices.OnDemandProcessing.RuntimeDataSet.ProcessConcurrent(Object threadSet)

Has anyone been able to get any of the TFS 2012 reports working?

Martin Huige

Friday, July 20, 2012 6:34 PM

All replies