Multiple .Map/.Evo files naming and folder limitations

Question

• If I have my main movie as pevob01.map etc. residing in the Root, and have another video named background/pevob01.map etc. that is my background video.  Should each video be named differently?  The validator never gave an error.
    Tuesday, October 17, 2006 7:46 AM

Answers

• I don't know how much the Validator does with MAPs etc. However if you put them in different directories then the VTI files get to be a bit of a challenge (as VTIs do not store any directory names).

If your authoring tool permits this multi-directory creation, then I think the player should handle it. However, despite this I recommend putting all video assets in the HVDVD_TS directory to keep life simple (and for maximum player compatibility). Every title I have seen does this, and there might be a good reason for that...

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 4:21 PM
  • Primary A/V should be in HVDVD_TS folder. Any secondary A/V must be under ADV_OBJ (or a subdirectory thereof).
    Thursday, December 07, 2006 11:55 AM

All replies

• I don't know how much the Validator does with MAPs etc. However if you put them in different directories then the VTI files get to be a bit of a challenge (as VTIs do not store any directory names).

If your authoring tool permits this multi-directory creation, then I think the player should handle it. However, despite this I recommend putting all video assets in the HVDVD_TS directory to keep life simple (and for maximum player compatibility). Every title I have seen does this, and there might be a good reason for that...

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 4:21 PM
  • Yeah I always keep them in HVDVD_TS

its

HVDVD_TS/pevob01.map etc. (90 min movie)

and

HVDVD_TS/background/pevob01.map etc. (30 second loop)

But you dont think this is a problem for the player? I will check into it more tomorow.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 10:00 PM
  • It is probably best to leave everything in the HVDVD_TS folder.
    Sunday, November 12, 2006 7:29 PM
  • Primary A/V should be in HVDVD_TS folder. Any secondary A/V must be under ADV_OBJ (or a subdirectory thereof).
    Thursday, December 07, 2006 11:55 AM