Different Fonts and Background Colors for Different File Types

Question

• Is there a way to have different Fonts and Background colors used for different file types?  With ASP.NET development, I'm finding that I'm frequently having to edit more and more different kinds of files.  (JavaScript, CSS, ASPX, Config, MSBuild)  Is there a way to configure a different background color for each type of file.  It would really help in navigating with multiple documents open.  ...Even better would be to have the Tabs representing each open document to have coloring according to the file type.

Is there a way to do this?

If not, is there a place I can make a feature request for this?

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 8:39 PM

Answers

• I am not aware of this feature (being able to set fonts/colors by file type/extension) in Visual Studio (I've seen it in other editors).

However, you can visit the Microsoft Connect site to request this feature if you like (other viewers can vote on it as well).

Hope this helps.

Friday, June 06, 2008 11:18 AM

All replies

• I am not aware of this feature (being able to set fonts/colors by file type/extension) in Visual Studio (I've seen it in other editors).

However, you can visit the Microsoft Connect site to request this feature if you like (other viewers can vote on it as well).

Hope this helps.

Friday, June 06, 2008 11:18 AM
  • HI

this can be done

U can view this site for more information

http://www.programmersheaven.com/

Friday, June 06, 2008 1:18 PM