none
Win CE version

Question

• Hi,

If I have a device with win ce 6 (Build 3122) on it, which version of Win ce 6 is that?

There is some doubt whether we have r2 or r3 on this device. 

Thanks in advance.

Monday, March 07, 2011 9:35 AM

Answers

•  

Hello Andy1559,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to the build number, should be R3.

Could you tell me why you would like to know R2 or R3?

R2 & R3 are just the updates (like Service Pack For Windows) to Windows Embedded CE 6.0 platform builder.

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Peter Yu

Pet Yu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Andy ONeill Tuesday, March 08, 2011 12:35 PM
    Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:59 AM

All replies

•  

Hello Andy1559,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to the build number, should be R3.

Could you tell me why you would like to know R2 or R3?

R2 & R3 are just the updates (like Service Pack For Windows) to Windows Embedded CE 6.0 platform builder.

If I have misunderstood anything, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Peter Yu

Pet Yu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Andy ONeill Tuesday, March 08, 2011 12:35 PM
    Tuesday, March 08, 2011 9:59 AM
  • Thanks,

My current client sells a piece of browser based software.  It uses a lot of Javascript.  Hundreds of thousands of lines of Javascript.

On a WinCE machine we're targetting the application runs very slowly.  This is because of the javascript.  Someone read that r3 offered a better browser for javascript performance.  So we were hoping really that it was r2 and we might be able to get more performance out a newer version.
    As it's r3 that's a problem.

We could do with is a browser which copes with the javascript better than iesample and will run in  an arm4i machine with win ce 6 r3.

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 12:40 PM
  • I have a similar question, but from the opposite direction.

I have installed through R3 and all monthly updates, but the OS version's build number is still reported as 6.0.0. That makes me think that R3 and the monthly updates have not been properly applied. Any thoughts on that?

Thursday, August 11, 2011 5:43 PM
  • It's a bad idea to add to an answered thread - you're best starting a new thread if you have a question mate.

Never used platform builder myself but I would guess the build number is set in there somewhere by you.

Saturday, August 13, 2011 9:51 AM