record streaming audio

Question

• How do I record streaming audio from a Music Web Site?

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 1:05 PM

All replies

• Im thinkin bout designing a program that will record audio at a set time span from an audio streaming website. Any suggestions or advice on how to go about this? Sorta like a TIVO for audio on the web. Start the program, select the url stream to record, and set the time span, from __am to __pm etc. Is this even possible and could the audio be recorded and muted on the running pc?
    • Merged by Martin_XieModerator Thursday, May 13, 2010 10:01 AM Merge them to keep in one same topic.
    Thursday, May 06, 2010 3:56 PM
  • I hope your purpose for that isn't to record songs from music websites and save them.
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 1:01 PM
  • No its not. I DJ for an online Radio Station and would like to provide the staff with a way to record missed shows.
    Thursday, May 13, 2010 8:43 PM
  • Hi arejax,

Welcome to MSDN forums!

Download source-open control  SSVoiceRecordCtrl.zip (VB.NET) which can be used to record Sound/Voice/Audio easily .

http://www.a1vbcode.com/app-4210.asp

Active Audio Record Component 

http://www.guangmingsoft.net/audiorecord/

You could not only record anything on screen, but also record the audio from PC or microphone.

http://www.screen-capture-record.com/screen-recorder.html

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best regards,
    Martin Xie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, May 14, 2010 2:33 AM
  • Thank you Martin, definately has me on the right track.

I just want to make an application, simple as possible, that records the streaming audio from only 1 url. Controls on this app would be

Date/Time pickers to start and stop record

Manual Start/Stop Record (Maybe Cancel/Delete also?)

File Save location (folder browser?)

from the list of suggestions you provided, which do you feel would be the one for me?

Friday, May 14, 2010 1:19 PM
  • Hey, arejax, just curious, did you happen to do what you wanted? I'm looking for the same thing (but for C++), so I thought maybe we can help eachother. From what I understand, to make recording of the autio stream possible on the web we need to receive all the data via the Internet connection (maybe using Win Sockets) and then interpret the header and depending on the Content Type line, save the following data in an appropriate file format (wave, mp3, etc.) Let me know if you came up with something else?
    Sunday, May 23, 2010 9:47 PM
  • there are many stuff that you can record streaming audio, but i figure that you do not know how to select a right one. Anyway, this one really works for me when recording streaming sound, Simply start recording. It records what you hear. Anyone knows some free program, i am willing to bring it along with me. Many thanks.
    Friday, June 10, 2011 7:42 AM
  • there are many stuff that you can record streaming audio, but i figure that you do not know how to select a right one. Anyway, this one really works for me when recording streaming sound, Simply start recording. It records what you hear. Anyone knows some free program, i am willing to bring it along with me. Many thanks.
    The OP is not finding a program to record sound. He is trying to CREATE and Write his own program for recording sound.

Sorry if my English is poor, it's not my first language. :) Programming FTW! Samuel
    Useful links:
    Friday, June 10, 2011 2:12 PM
  • arejax,

also a good SDK can be found here

It is easy to handle and, when I remember correct not so expensive as the other recommendet professional tools.

Liebe Grüße Stefan | Cheers Stefan I'm using VB 2008 Express Be a good forum member - mark posts that contain the answers to your questions or those that are helpful c# in vb Translator: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/
    Monday, June 20, 2011 3:47 PM
  • Will you please stop posting links to programs that may record sound. As was stated above the OP looks for ways to do it in his/her own program. What is not clear about it??? Also moderators, are commercial endorsements allowed on this forum? (Like the post above this one.) We all know how to use Google and search out your commercial products. Stop cluttering this thread!
    Monday, June 20, 2011 5:23 PM
  • ahmd0,

I think it is not your job to stop answer which are made in a helpful intention.
    When arejax means it is enough he surely will post it. This post will impose arejax who can comment the answers and does disabuse other members who answers.

When you write, you will write your own program so do this. Nobody force you to ask or comment this thread but be aware this is neither your nor mine thread. Rember PINK FLOYD We Don't Need No Education!

Liebe Grüße Stefan | Cheers Stefan I'm using VB 2008 Express Be a good forum member - mark posts that contain the answers to your questions or those that are helpful c# in vb Translator: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/
    Monday, June 20, 2011 9:47 PM
  • Please read the second post and you'll see what he wants. As for the OP not replying, it is because this forum switches email notifications off in your account settings once in awhile so all replies go unnoticed... I've been through this before.
    Monday, June 20, 2011 10:02 PM