If I receive a security alert when entering my email address during my first logon, should I proceed?

Question

• If I receive a security alert when entering my email address during my first logon, should I proceed? 
    Monday, September 12, 2011 3:55 PM

Answers

• During the first logon of Windows Developer Preview you will be asked to associate an email address with your user account. Microsoft has identified an issue in which some users may receive a Security Alert after entering their email address. This warning is often just a temporary network issue and we recommend you click “No” when you receive the prompt "Do you want to proceed?" After you click "No," you will then be asked to create a local account. If you click the back arrow you can now re-enter your email address.

If the problem persists, you can create a local account and then change the local account to one associated with your email.

Michael

Monday, September 12, 2011 4:05 PM

All replies

• During the first logon of Windows Developer Preview you will be asked to associate an email address with your user account. Microsoft has identified an issue in which some users may receive a Security Alert after entering their email address. This warning is often just a temporary network issue and we recommend you click “No” when you receive the prompt "Do you want to proceed?" After you click "No," you will then be asked to create a local account. If you click the back arrow you can now re-enter your email address.

If the problem persists, you can create a local account and then change the local account to one associated with your email.

Michael

Monday, September 12, 2011 4:05 PM
  • That's weird... I never was asked to set up the Live ID. It asked me to set up wireless so the internet was working. Did the ISO file get changed while I was downloading?

I didn't get the one with Developer Tools (I didn't have a flash drive bigger than four gigabytes or DL DVD)

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 11:04 PM
  • I had this issue too. Windows wouldn't activate, wouldn't let me sign in to Windows Live, and I was getting SmartScreen errors when trying to run a downloaded driver installer. After pulling my hair out looking at the event logs for a while I realized that for some reason my computer's clock was set to 2006. Once I fixed that everything worked just fine.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 1:02 PM