none
Merging two list into one list

Question

• Hi,

I want to merge two list into one list in such a way that I get the third list (i.e. merged list) on which I can do following things.

1. I can filter the the data on clicking on the column and selecting value from the column menu.

2. I want to add one button so that on clicking on that button I can do some database operation.

3. I can do the order by and group by operation.

I do not want to do this using "Join List" feature as it creates the HTML table and I can not do the above opeation on this.

Please help me how can I achieve this. If possible give the link to refer.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 8:46 AM

Answers

• Hi MohammedAyaz,

You could create workflow attach to these 2 lists, and use create a new item to the merging list when new item is created in these 2 lists. And additional actions to make it better is all depends on these 2 lists’ structures.

And the merging list could be created using 2 lookup columns to get ID columns from those 2 lists. Add when we create lookup fields, you could select additional fields from those 2 lists, so that you could be able to get all related fields according to the fields you select in lookup fields. And then we don’t need to afraid the changes of those 2 list fields.

Since the merging list could be a custom list, it will allow us to filter columns by select value from column menu and order by and group by operation also could be set in View settings page.

And JavaScript could be added to the button to get database operations, and you could add the button and JavaScript in SharePoint Designer.

Best regards,
    Emir

Friday, September 16, 2011 7:24 AM