none
fields in opportunity

Question

• In mscrm's opportunity, there are several fields : final commitment, actual revenue(base), actual revenue(ext).

when i input final commitment( for example: 100.00), and press recalculate, the actual revenue(base) will also be 100.00.

but i don't know the relationship between them, please tell me some detail about this. Thanks a lot.

Thursday, August 26, 2010 5:11 AM

Answers

• I assume you mean final commitment is your est. Revene field..this means how much you revenue you think this opportunity might generate

Est. Revenue
    Opportunities with products added to them have their estimated revenue value calculated based on the base price, volume discounts, manual discounts, taxes and other pricing modifications. When opportunities are saved, Microsoft Dynamics CRM recalculates the estimated revenue value based on any changes to the products or product quantities associated with the opportunity.
    This value appears in the list of opportunities on the main opportunities page.

while actul revenue means after winning how much you actually got..it could be same or slight diffrent from Est.Revenue field..

Actual Revenue
    You must enter numbers between 0.00 and 1,000,000,000.00.
    You can use commas and a decimal point, but you cannot use a currency symbol, such as the dollar ($), euro (€), or yen (¥).
    This value should represent the actual agreed upon price.

Now Actual revenue (base) is value in base currency...and actual revenue (ext) field will be used if user base currency (may £) and current opportunity currency is ($)..

hope this helps..

MayankP My Blog My twitter
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 9:48 AM

All replies

• Aaron,

You will find that you can have these values calculated from price lists. You may first enter a value which overides calculating from price lists. When an oppprtunitiy is converted to an invoice you will find actual revenue numbers.

• Proposed as answer by Jeff Loucks Thursday, August 26, 2010 8:09 AM
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 8:09 AM
  • I assume you mean final commitment is your est. Revene field..this means how much you revenue you think this opportunity might generate

Est. Revenue
    Opportunities with products added to them have their estimated revenue value calculated based on the base price, volume discounts, manual discounts, taxes and other pricing modifications. When opportunities are saved, Microsoft Dynamics CRM recalculates the estimated revenue value based on any changes to the products or product quantities associated with the opportunity.
    This value appears in the list of opportunities on the main opportunities page.

while actul revenue means after winning how much you actually got..it could be same or slight diffrent from Est.Revenue field..

Actual Revenue
    You must enter numbers between 0.00 and 1,000,000,000.00.
    You can use commas and a decimal point, but you cannot use a currency symbol, such as the dollar ($), euro (€), or yen (¥).
    This value should represent the actual agreed upon price.

Now Actual revenue (base) is value in base currency...and actual revenue (ext) field will be used if user base currency (may £) and current opportunity currency is ($)..

hope this helps..

MayankP My Blog My twitter
    Thursday, August 26, 2010 9:48 AM