none
More than one service plan per company ?

Question

• Hi,

is it possible to assign a company more than one service plan (hosted exchange 2010 SP1 ) ?

Our Customer have serveral Quota Plans (1 GB, 2GB, 3GB, ....) and they pay for Storage and not for Feature. 

in HMC it is possible, to assign several plans to a company and then assign the plans per user. is that possible to?

thx!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 12:09 PM

All replies

• Hope it would be helpful, before you start any WSP & Exchange 2010 SP "Hosting" switch investigation steps ;)

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wspentsupport/thread/9edc4349-7afc-454e-943d-cad50b2a3f18

Best regards, Dmitry Fitsner Support@ExpertServices.us | WebsitePanel Installations, Support & Consulting | Enterprise Solutions Planning & Deployment & Support. Website: ExpertServices.us
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:32 PM
  • I installed Exchange 2010 without /HOsting Switch and Hosted Organization and it works fine, but my problem is not solved.

HMC Deployment:

Several Hosting Plans, Hosting PLans are available for Organizations.

When i created a Mailbox, i can assign a Hosting Plan to a user.

That means, in HMC i have an organization with several hosting plans assigned to users.

How can i achieve that in WSP ? The Hosting Plan is assigned to the Org and is for all user the same, correct? i cannot switch hosting plans on user basis.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:19 PM
  • Hello,

Using the 'virtual server' approach within WSP documentation is the best solution, first you need to update the plans within Exchange and then mirror this over to WSP for calling the appropriate plan for each client.

Hope this helps,

360Sync --- www.360sync.ca
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 1:43 AM
  • This is clear, but i need to assign more then one plan to a client. Is that possible?
    Monday, May 02, 2011 10:50 AM
  • Assigning more than one plan per organization isn't currently available with WSP, you can create a couple organizations within a company and assign accordingly.  However requires seperate domains....therefore not a completely feasible option at this time.

This may be coming, or you might want to submit as a 'feature request'.

360Sync --- www.360sync.ca
    Thursday, May 05, 2011 1:31 AM
  • You don't achieve this through WSP but through Serviceplans in Exchange if you configured /hosting.

PLease investigate further in Hosted Exchange forum.

Greetings, menefre
    Sunday, May 29, 2011 12:35 PM