none
fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Documents.obj'

Question

• I have came across this error and i have tried several ways to debug according to what i have found on the web, for eg installing SDK, linking them etc.

By the way, i am using VS2003. 

'C:\Documents.obj' -> i don have this file path at all.

Hope to get it solve ASAP, rushing for proj!
    THANKS

Debugging err as followed: 

------ Build started: Project: faces, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

faces - up-to-date.

------ Build started: Project: faceview, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Linking...

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'C:\Documents.obj'

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\L340c02\Desktop\libface-0.0.1-prealpha1\vcprj\cli\faceview\Debug\BuildLog.htm"

faceview - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: facecmp, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Linking...

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\L340c02\Desktop\libface-0.0.1-prealpha1\vcprj\cli\facecmp\Debug\BuildLog.htm"

facecmp - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: faceinit, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Linking...

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\L340c02\Desktop\libface-0.0.1-prealpha1\vcprj\cli\faceinit\Debug\BuildLog.htm"

faceinit - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: faceextract, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Linking...

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\L340c02\Desktop\libface-0.0.1-prealpha1\vcprj\cli\faceextract\Debug\BuildLog.htm"

faceextract - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 1 succeeded, 4 failed, 0 skipped

Thursday, July 03, 2008 5:13 AM

Answers

• It looks like you have a path pointing to C:\Documents and Settings\...\ that is unquoted, and the space is causing the linker to look at the wrong folder. Wherever you have this path, put "quotes" around it.
    • Marked as answer by PEYTENG Friday, July 11, 2008 5:29 AM
    Thursday, July 03, 2008 5:15 AM
  • Somewhere you are telling the linker to look in C:\Documents and Settings\...

Because it contains a space, the linker gets confused.

You need to put quotes around it, like "C:\Documents and Settings\..." so that it treats it as one path.
    Thursday, July 03, 2008 6:07 AM

All replies

• It looks like you have a path pointing to C:\Documents and Settings\...\ that is unquoted, and the space is causing the linker to look at the wrong folder. Wherever you have this path, put "quotes" around it.
    Thursday, July 03, 2008 5:15 AM
  • sorry but what you mean by putting a "quote". put where? in my coding? if yes, my whole coding doesnt have that "path"
    Thursday, July 03, 2008 5:20 AM
  • Somewhere you are telling the linker to look in C:\Documents and Settings\...

Because it contains a space, the linker gets confused.

You need to put quotes around it, like "C:\Documents and Settings\..." so that it treats it as one path.
    Thursday, July 03, 2008 6:07 AM
  • But i couldn't find any path in my coding or any other file. Actually, this project is downloaded from a website, is it possible that there are some missing files... Is it possible if you help me check it out yo. If not is alright. I really appreciate your help. THANKS!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/openbio/

Thursday, July 03, 2008 6:34 AM