none
SQL Installation Error make sure file exists

Question

• I'm trying to Install SQL Server 2012 Developer Edition onto my Desktop I currently have Express Edition, I run the Install stages fine but as soon as I get to a certain part of the installation I receive this error: TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 1 Setup

Error reading from file D:\x86\setup\sql_engine_core_inst_msi\PFiles\SqlServr\MSSQL.X\MSSQL\Binn\hadrres.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

The file does exist within its location Just querying whether someone may know how to solve it?

Friday, October 11, 2013 5:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

The media may be corrupted. Let’s try to copy the media to the local disk drive and run SQL Server setup from there.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Friday, October 11, 2013 6:59 PM
  • Hi 

Thanks for the help, I did copy the media to my local hard disk but unfortunately I'm getting the same results which states as:

§ Error installing SQL Server Database Engine Services Instance Features
    Source file not found: C:\Users\L\Desktop\sql12\x86\setup\sql_engine_core_inst_msi\PFiles\SqlServr\MSSQL.X\MSSQL\Binn\hadrres.dll.  Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
    Error code: 1308

Saturday, October 12, 2013 1:13 PM
  • Hello,

Try downloading the media from the Internet again.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:11 AM
  • Actually I found a slightly different fix. If the rror message says "Error reading from file" etc, go to the directory

mentioned in the error message. e.g. c:/users/admin...blah blah blah. If the file is there take ownership of it. (If you don't know how to do this google it - free software available) and then run it.

Sunday, October 20, 2013 2:08 PM