some things to consider...

Question

•  I have a some questions and feedback... 

1) There is this "Add Variable..." and "Add member function.." dialog in the class view, would you ever consider it to accept multiple varibles and functions in a single run ? 
        ( sort of add the correctly entered variable or function would show up in a list view box .. when I am done with entering items... just click finish ). Now it is really a pain to do it everytime when I enter a lot of variables or functions... I dont know, I find it a good way to do...

2) Please consider a make over of the graphic editor, I know there is external tool support for doing graphic stuff... but still what we have in VS is not adequate.... I think

3) comments like in C# 

4) code collapse/expand for case statements in a switch block.. would be nice... so that we dont have to scroll up and down for big source files. I am not sure about the current function level collapse/expand feature in VS 2008... Whenever I start editing a function, the other collapsed function above or below the function is get expanded !!! ( not sure, whether it is a feature or a bug )

I hope I haven't asked too much... 
    Monday, November 17, 2008 5:04 PM

All replies

• I second number 2 and 3.
    About comments, I'm currently using doxygen, but a built in one that cooperate with intellisense would be neat.

Thanks,
    Monday, November 17, 2008 6:28 PM
  • Regarding #4, code collapse/expand:  We will likely be adding support for this in the official release of VS 2010.  It's good to know you find this feature useful, and we're sorry you couldn't try it out on the CTP.  As a preview release, it doesn't yet have as rich of an experience you will see in the coming release of VS 2010.

Thanks for posting, and don't worry about asking too much - we want to hear any and all of your thoughts on Visual Studio so that we build the best, most useful product we can.

Brittany Behrens
    Program Manager, Visual Studio Platform

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 1:57 AM
  •  great to hear that... atleast I dont have to scroll as much as I do now...  :-) thanks... 

One more things comes to mind... correct me if I am wrong... currently there is no quick feedback or visual clue about what type of project are on the project view( dll, lib, exe.. etc) . It is kind of difficult when I have a lot of projects in a solution...
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:25 AM
  • forgot to write... accessing this forum from visual studio 2008.. is very unstable... it shakes, blinks, vibrates... and sometimes my messages disappears if I write a fairly big message ...  :-)

Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:30 AM
  •  sorry I didn't mean to write that in bold... you see.... this is the problem...if access the forum from Visual studio.... 
    Thursday, November 20, 2008 12:31 AM