none
Application xxxx encountered a serious error and must shut down.

General discussion

• Hi everyone.
    I have software written for CE 6.0, with Platform Builder for 6.0.
    I've been using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2005.
    This module does Read/Write to RC232C(COM1).
    Thread that manages the output data to COM.
    Thread executes Lock of CriticalSection, data is copied onto the variable in the stack, and UnLock CriticalSection.
    When thread executes Lock CriticalSection, thread is suspend and "Application xxxx encountered a serious error and must shut down."  appears in Remote spy.
    I confirmed thread is not DeadLock.
    Why thread is suspend ?
    Any suggestions are welcome. 

Friday, June 26, 2009 5:18 AM

All replies

• What's the error code when the application is attached to the debugger? What's the pertinent code?

Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    Tuesday, June 30, 2009 7:36 AM
  • We are changing the issue type to "General Discussion" because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to "Question". If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    Thursday, July 02, 2009 7:31 AM
  • Hi everyone.
    I have software written for CE 6.0, with Platform Builder for 6.0.
    I've been using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2005.
    This module does Read/Write to RC232C(COM1).
    Thread that manages the output data to COM.
    Thread executes Lock of CriticalSection, data is copied onto the variable in the stack, and UnLock CriticalSection.
    When thread executes Lock CriticalSection, thread is suspend and "Application xxxx encountered a serious error and must shut down."  appears in Remote spy.
    I confirmed thread is not DeadLock.
    Why thread is suspend ?
    Any suggestions are welcome. 

I'm getting the same error, and I'm also using Windows CE 6.0.  However, I'm seeing this error(Application explorer.exe has encountered a serious error and must shut down) right after my pc starts up.
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 2:23 AM