DW20.exe issues

Question

• I have a web site and everytime I make a reference to my business/datalayers it times out and I can see DW20.exe running in task manager, If i remove all references to my business/datalayers my web site runs fine. My web app was working fine up until this morning. Everything is coded in 05. Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so what did you do to fix it?
    Friday, May 26, 2006 2:00 PM

Answers

• Check your event log there might be something in there
    Saturday, May 27, 2006 4:23 PM

All replies

• DW20.exe is a tool that reports microsoft office application crashes.  Are you automating office with your website?
    Friday, May 26, 2006 5:49 PM
  • no, I'm doing nothing with office on my web app. Its just a web app talking to SQL
    Saturday, May 27, 2006 1:48 PM
  • Check your event log there might be something in there
    Saturday, May 27, 2006 4:23 PM
  • So did you guys find an answer? I have this process clog our web server almost every day, 100% CPU for minutes. The reason seems to be .NET Framework 2.0 Runtime crashes. Application:  w3wp.exe, faulting module mscorwks.dll.

Any ideas?
    Thursday, October 19, 2006 4:04 PM
  • I had this same issue, with a different piece of software.  I do not have office on that machine, but I do have .NET 2.0.

I still do not know why the app is crashing, but I found a workaround to keep DW20.exe from taking 100% cpu.

Bring up your system properties (right click My Computer, properties), under the advanced tab there is an error reporting button.  Click that button and configure error reporting so that it doesn't report for your application, you may want to keep reporting for the OS and unplanned machine shutdowns enabled.

Josh
    Wednesday, October 25, 2006 6:12 PM
  • This was not however on a 64 bit machine.  (Found this thread from a google search)
    Wednesday, October 25, 2006 6:16 PM
  •  

Monday, September 10, 2007 12:44 AM
  • I was having the same problem everytime I started SharePoint.  I ran the .Net installer again and told it to repair the installation and everything was fine after that.
    Tuesday, January 29, 2008 5:21 PM
  •  

DW20.exe is Doctor Watson and you have a number of his files in your computer run by him.I have 4 of mine disabled and now have no more problems. Other 3 are ( iedw.exe , drwtsn32.exe and dwwin.exe ) . They are hidden files and it takes time to find them.I use a program called Prosses Guard to block or disable them from starting. Example of Doctor Watson is a popup ( This program has commited an ilegal act and will be shut down ) that id doctor watson and a royal pain in the butt. Hope this helps you this is my web site if you require more information.  http://aafixit.com/ known as lets_fixit in yahoo chat help 2
    Sunday, February 17, 2008 9:41 AM