none
Error :invalid postback - validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or

Question

• i

am having a  usercontrol web part with 1  dropdownlist and hypelrink, while clicking on link, i am populating a javascript div as a  pop up[modal dialog] having chkboxes and ok buton,when i click ok button all dose chkbox entries will be  added into the ddlsit.and when i submit the form those selected values from the ddlst will be submitted, but after doing this  am getting the below error:

Invalid postback or callback argument.  Event validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page.  For security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered them.  If the data is valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

can anybody help me, what  i need to write instead of updating the  webconfig of my sharepoint web appln.[ i know  it can be fixed by adding <Pages  enableventvalidation=false]

but we dont have access to prod server's  web appln's web config and dont want to change we config entrues. is there any way we can handle this enableventvalidation attribute in my  usercontrol file or web part.cs file...

any help is appreciated...

shankar
    • Edited by Shankardas Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:16 AM ac
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 6:12 AM

Answers

All replies