none
ID: 310; Bits-Client; Definition Update for Microsoft Security Essentials

Question

• Hi,

Event ID: 310. Initiate auxiliary/helpers modules a peer equivalence/node failed due to the following error: 0x80070032. Error Code: 2147942450. Channel: Microsoft - Windows - Bits - Client / Operational / Channel. Event Record ID: 4374.  Execution Process ID: 508; Thread ID: 2512.  

User ID: S-1-5-18.  

I don't want to ignore this eventFix change settings in the file "gpedit.msc". I do not have this file. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP 1. 

You can refer to the suggestion given by “Miya Yao” on March 28, 2011 in the following thread and check.
    hxxp://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/8d7d7bc8-ca90-4d34-960f-43a01880501e/event-310-the-initialization-of-the-peer-helper-modules-failed-with-the-following-error  

Please by editing the Registry. It may be Ultimate, Profesisonal, the Enterprise. Never mind that I have Windows 7 Home Premium. I will do some experiments may succeed after small modifications.
    In the worst case - the solution for others.  

The corresponding modification of the Registry (regedit.exe) will solve the problem. I'm waiting for help. 

Regards 
    WodzuAS

• Moved by Richard MuellerMVP Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:02 PM Not a "Forums Issues" question
    • Edited by WodzuAS Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:03 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 2:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• You need to post in a more appropriate area.  This section is for Forum Issues only.  Try here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/home?forum=w7itprogeneral

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 4:34 PM
  • Hi,

Group Policy is not available in the Home Premium version of Windows 7.

The Group Policy components are only available in Windows 7 Professional and higher.

According to your description, maybe the error message you got is related to BITS service.

Firstly, If you have not tried system restore, I suggest you have a try to check if we can get rid of this problem.

If the issue persists, please try the methods in the following Knowledge Base articles to resolve the problem.
    You receive an error message when you try to download updates from the Windows Update Web site or from the Microsoft Update Web site, or when you try to start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916251

Meanwhile, I would like to share this article with you to repair a corrupted BITS configuration.
    Issues with BITS:

Kelvin_Hsu

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 22, 2013 12:39 PM
  • Firstly, If you have not tried system restore, I suggest you have a try to check if we can get rid of this problem. 

Hi Kelvin_Hsu,

1.  When do you get the error message?
    2.  What are you trying to perform?
    3.  Are you on a domain?
    Answer the questions:
    1), 2) "Definition Update for Microsoft Security Essentials" . The 97% "Antimalware" and 3% "Events Unknown". 
    3) I am in the Working Group.

Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP 1 installed 2013-07-05. First errors from 2013-07-06T10: 23:11.  

=============================================

You receive an error message when you try to download updates from the Windows Update Web site or from the Microsoft Update Web site, or when you try to start the Background Intelligent Transfer Service:

Any optional update "Definition Update for Microsoft Security Essentials" (MSE): 1) the MSE program, 2) the "wuauserv" cause event 310, source: Bits-Client.  

METHOD (XXX?)
    You can not change the "`Startup type`" BITS from Automatic - Delayed start" to "Automatic".
    In addition, clicking in program  Microsoft Security Essentials on card the update to causes change the `Startup type` service `Windows Update`  from "Auto" to "Automatic - Delayed start". So "msseces.exe" is a small dud.  

==========================================

Method 2

Delete the %allusersprofile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader folder. 

Such is the proposition "Article ID: 91625". I found on your computer: "C: \ ProgramData \ Microsoft \ Network \ Downloader". Whether Is it the same ? Or for that matter? Whether  I well found ? 

Want to help me? Take screen "explorer.exe" with the path:% ALLUSERSPROFILE% \ Application Data \ Microsoft \ Network \ Downloader folder.
    Post sreen on www.SkyDrive.com
    Article ID: 916251 - Last Review: August 2, 2006 - Revision: 2.4.
    For me, this article is applicable to XP. What is your opinion on this?  

===============================================================

Meanwhile, I would like to share this article with you to repair a corrupted BITS configuration.
    Issues with BITS:

It did not help.  

Regards,

WodzuAS  

• Edited by WodzuAS Sunday, August 25, 2013 11:52 AM
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 5:05 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Please try the link again. It may be a mistake with hyperlink.

Regards,

Kelvin_Hsu

Friday, August 23, 2013 1:53 AM
  • Hi,

The group policies for BITS are located in the registry at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\BITS.

Note that only those policies that are configured are listed in the registry.

I suggest you can check this path in the registry.

For more information, you can refer to this article:

Group Policies:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa362844(v=vs.85).aspx/

Meanwhile, I suggest perform the following Fixit to check the result:

How do I reset Windows Update components?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058/

Regards,

Kelvin_Hsu

Monday, August 26, 2013 6:29 AM
  • Hello Kelvin_Hsu,

In my opinion, Microsoft Security Essentials is a guilty. hxxp://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058/  

"Fix it" found problems. Fixed it the Windows Update components. The problem has not been solved. Event 310, BITS - Client occurred after updating Microsoft Security Essentials. 

I do not have the key. The event is at the level of: a warning, so I can ignore them.
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Regards, 
    • Edited by WodzuAS Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:13 PM
    Monday, August 26, 2013 2:54 PM