Import: Is not a valid image file

General discussion

• Hi,

I installed Deep Zoom Composer (April) and I'm getting errors when importing images: Is not a valid image file. I've seen other posts in this forum about this but I don't know if this was fixed in April release or this issue is still there.

Thanks

Juan
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 10:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Juan,
    Is it just a few particular images, or does it happen with all images?

Thanks,
    Kirupa
    Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:54 PM
  • Hi,

It happens with almost 90% of images. I also tried images from other sources. Sometimes, I get them work when I reboot my computer.... but only sometimes. It doesn't seem a problem with my images...

Thanks

Juan
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:03 AM
  • The same thing happens when I import images as well....   I have to import small numbers at a time and save frequently for it not to malfunction.  It's awful, 1500 images by hand practically.  Ive tried filtering out random file types, freed my memory (Heard that memory was the problem originally...  Wrong), and ensuring there are no duplicate files...  I've updated the version... Any advice... Anyone???
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:28 AM
  • Kirupa,

I just installed vista sp2. First thing I tried is to import images in Deep Zoom Composer. First time it worked (I used example images that go with vista in default images folder). But then I tried again and it's not working anymore. So, no difference with sp2.
    Is there any solution? Is there a command line tool to do same thing?

Thanks

Juan
    Saturday, May 30, 2009 7:39 PM
  • We are working on a new release that we will send out in a few weeks, and it will include a newer version of our DeepZoomTools.dll that handles all image processing. You can actually use DeepZoomTools.dll to generate image collections for you. I will try to document that soon :)

Cheers!
    Kirupa
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 7:14 PM
  • Thanks for your reply  Kirupa... we are really looking forward to it!

Juan
    Tuesday, June 02, 2009 7:39 PM