'exited with code 3'

Question

• hi all,

my first ever thread on a forum, but really need some help with a piece of code im doing.

Ive been working on a project and come to a stand still, ive looked all over every forum in msdn google but noone has this error come up.

I am compiling my c# code in express 2008 and it is linked with tortoise svn. Its a code that does a few things but I keep getting an error when I try compiling or building the code:

exited with code 3

The program still runs but I think because im running SVN its reverting it back to the previous state as a result of this error.

Has anyone else had this problem.

thanks

raj

Monday, November 08, 2010 9:29 AM

Answers

• Hi RajKK86,

Welcome to MSDN Forums!

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND 3 (0x3)

The system cannot find the path specified.

From your description we only know it seems that there’s any path is invalid in C# or svn side.

1.       You also can download the project to local, and build and debug that project without svn environment to make sure if the root cause is at the svn side. If the project also run with this error message, then you can check your code, if there’s any path is invalid in the C# code. If the project can execute well without this error, then the root cause would be at the svn side.

2.       If the root cause is not at C# side, then you need to check the configuration of your svn. Then this is a third party problem and we also not family with that application, it is also out of our support scope. Then you can go to the svn forum for more help.

If there’s anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to the other community members reading the thread.

[All-In-One Code Framework]

Sample world! You will get more from this world!

Welcome to the new world!

=================================================

Third party disclaimer

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information is found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you provide your code ? Then it's easy to find an issue, if there's one..

Manjuke Fernando ~ http://www.manjuke.com
    Monday, November 08, 2010 11:32 AM
  • Hi RajKK86,

Welcome to MSDN Forums!

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND 3 (0x3)

The system cannot find the path specified.

From your description we only know it seems that there’s any path is invalid in C# or svn side.

1.       You also can download the project to local, and build and debug that project without svn environment to make sure if the root cause is at the svn side. If the project also run with this error message, then you can check your code, if there’s any path is invalid in the C# code. If the project can execute well without this error, then the root cause would be at the svn side.

2.       If the root cause is not at C# side, then you need to check the configuration of your svn. Then this is a third party problem and we also not family with that application, it is also out of our support scope. Then you can go to the svn forum for more help.

If there’s anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Have a nice day!

Mike

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to the other community members reading the thread.

[All-In-One Code Framework]

Sample world! You will get more from this world!

Welcome to the new world!

=================================================

Third party disclaimer

This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information is found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 2:51 PM