none
Unable to locate the host LMS Scorm API Adapter

Question

• Hello all,

I've just purchased my first collection of e-learning courses (the .NET programming foundation package) and have so far found it a very frustrating experience. Whenever I attempt to start the course by clicking the Begin Course button I get a black window with the error 'Unable to locate the host LMS Scorm API Adapter' in a messagebox.
    I've downloaded the offline viewer...twice...but can't seem to start a download of any of my content. When I try to download I get a pop up telling me to wait while the download initiates. Eventually that window closes and suddenly nothing continues to happen.

I'm running Vista 64 Ultimate, IE 7.
    • Moved by Prakash Waghwani Friday, December 25, 2009 2:13 PM (From:Learning Manager Bugs and Feedback)
    Monday, July 07, 2008 1:02 PM

Answers

• Thanks Dave-

Whether you have an online or offline issue with the course, this team can assist you.   I have emailed you the information you need so please let me know if you need further assistance.

Please do post a follow-up to the forum if your issue is resolved.

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Program Manager, Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Tuesday, July 08, 2008 6:16 AM

All replies

• Hello again,

Tried again this morning with still no luck. I've cleared cache and cookies. I've restarted the machine. Is anybody else having this problem? The problem again is that when I click Begin This Course I get a completely black window with the error message 'Unable to locate the host LMS Scorm API Adapter'.  This is when I try to start any component of collection 5160, for example using URL: https://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/courseContent.aspx?courseId=62264

I have downloaded the offline course reader, twice. When I attempt to download any content I get a window telling me to be patient while the download initiates. Eventually the window closes and nothing else happens.

I'm using IE7 and Vista 64 Ultimate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Monday, July 07, 2008 10:05 PM
  • DCatling said:

Hello again,

Tried again this morning with still no luck. I've cleared cache and cookies. I've restarted the machine. Is anybody else having this problem? The problem again is that when I click Begin This Course I get a completely black window with the error message 'Unable to locate the host LMS Scorm API Adapter'.  This is when I try to start any component of collection 5160, for example using URL: https://www.microsoftelearning.com/eLearning/courseContent.aspx?courseId=62264

I have downloaded the offline course reader, twice. When I attempt to download any content I get a window telling me to be patient while the download initiates. Eventually the window closes and nothing else happens.

I'm using IE7 and Vista 64 Ultimate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Dcatling-

Please email me at learnmgr@microsoft.com and I will put you in touch with the team that supports the offline courses.  

Thanks!
    Alicia

Tuesday, July 08, 2008 1:10 AM
  • Email sent. Thanks for that Alicia, but even if I do get the offline reader working it's not my prefered solution. I'm only resorting to that because I can't get the online version to work.

Has anybody seen that particular error message,  'unable to locate the host LMS Scorm API Adapter' before? I've tested accessing my courseware from work and it's fine here so obviously this is a problem on my end. I'm just really hoping that somebody's worked their way through this problem before and has a simple answer for me.
    Tuesday, July 08, 2008 3:17 AM
  • Thanks Dave-

Whether you have an online or offline issue with the course, this team can assist you.   I have emailed you the information you need so please let me know if you need further assistance.

Please do post a follow-up to the forum if your issue is resolved.

Thanks-
    Alicia
    Tuesday, July 08, 2008 6:16 AM
  • Please i hade the same issue can you plese help me ???
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:01 PM
  • Please i hade the same issue can you plese help me ???

I also have this issue and sent an email as requested in another part of this forum. Is there no real solution for this?
    Saturday, September 19, 2009 12:05 PM
  • Likewise I've also had the same issue (using Windows XP & IE 8 running in compatibility mode).
    Monday, September 28, 2009 1:28 AM
  • Has anyone found a solution to this?  We are XP with IE 8 and one some machines it works and others it doesn't,  same version of IE, Java, Adobe, etc
    Tuesday, November 24, 2009 9:37 PM
  • I have this same issue..can someone from from Microsoft e-learning please advise????? I tried the above e-mail addy and keep getting delivery failure reports?

Please assist?? need access ASAp?

Thanks

Ronnie

Saturday, January 28, 2012 6:38 PM