none
Could not copy the file "obj\x86\Debug\*.exe" because it was not found.

Question

• Full Error: Could not copy the file "obj\x86\Debug\*.exe" because it doesnt exist

This has happened several times so far when I run my program. I have somewhat fixed it by adding the exe from the bin\debug, but it doesnt always work or last. To make things worse, When it does run, by breakpoints dont work:
    "breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document" 
    Sunday, April 28, 2013 2:20 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Have you tried to do a "Clean" operation on your solution/project then build?

Another idea, Close Visual Studio, copy the entire project folder to another location, delete the OBJ folder in the copy then open the copied project and try building then run the project.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Sunday, April 28, 2013 2:55 AM
  • Try building the solution.

“It is not that I'm so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer.” ― Albert Einstein

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 12:34 AM
  • Full Error: Could not copy the file "obj\x86\Debug\*.exe" because it doesnt exist

This has happened several times so far when I run my program. I have somewhat fixed it by adding the exe from the bin\debug, but it doesnt always work or last. To make things worse, When it does run, by breakpoints dont work:
    "breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been loaded for this document" 

When does this happen and what does your program do with it?

For a program it is just a file and that place is a strange place to use because it is in the build environment.

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 7:20 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Have you tried to do a "Clean" operation on your solution/project then build?

Another idea, Close Visual Studio, copy the entire project folder to another location, delete the OBJ folder in the copy then open the copied project and try building then run the project.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Sunday, April 28, 2013 2:55 AM
  • Try building the solution.

“It is not that I'm so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer.” ― Albert Einstein

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 12:34 AM

When does this happen and what does your program do with it?

For a program it is just a file and that place is a strange place to use because it is in the build environment.

Success
    Cor

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 7:20 AM