none
No 64 Bit provider available for Oracle

Question

• I have been developing SSIS jobs for a short period of time. I had been doing so in a 32 bit environment. I recently had to have my system reimaged. When this was done, my system was upgraded with to 64 bit.

Now when I run the jobs I had created which connect to Oracle, I get the following error messages:

[Connection manager "HPSMRP.WORLD.ITSReporting1"] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDB_NOPROVIDER_64BIT_ERROR.  The requested OLE DB provider OraOLEDB.Oracle.1 is not registered -- perhaps no 64-bit provider is available.  Error code: 0x00000000.

An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components"  Hresult: 0x80040154  Description: "Class not registered".

[OLE DB Source [1]] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER.  The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "HPSMRP.WORLD.ITSReporting1" failed with error code 0xC0202009.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.

I am also getting these error messages on new packages I create which connect to Oracle. I dont have any problems with connections to SQL.

If I change the Run64BitRuntime option to False, I am able to run the package just fine. However, I do not wish to have to change this for every new package I create.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:01 PM

Answers

All replies

• Download the 64bit drivers from oracle:
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/downloads/index-090165.html

or if you have the enterprise edition, you could try attunity:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee470675(v=sql.100).aspx

Or switch your package/jobstep to 32 bit:
    http://microsoft-ssis.blogspot.com/2012/09/swtich-package-from-64bit-to-32bit.html

Please mark the post as answered if it answers your question | My SSIS Blog: http://microsoft-ssis.blogspot.com | Twitter

Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:07 PM
  • you can set the property Run64bit to False under Proj Proerties while executing and check the option to run in 32 bit while scheduling that should work. if above both does not work please install the oracle drivers.

Thanks

Please Help People When they need..!!

Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:27 PM

• If I change the Run64BitRuntime option to False, I am able to run the package just fine. However, I do not wish to have to change this for every new package I create.

Unfortunately you have to do it,SSIS works in 32 bit mode always and your package is 64 bit compatible unless u force it to run in 32 bit u will get error.

Also instead of using OLEDB provider for 64 bit I am sure you can install 32 bit oracle client in your system and it will work.In that case you dont need to change.

Please mark this reply as the answer or vote as helpful, as appropriate, to make it useful for other readers

Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:51 PM

• Unfortunately you have to do it,SSIS works in 32 bit mode always and your package is 64 bit compatible unless u force it to run in 32 bit u will get error.

Also instead of using OLEDB provider for 64 bit I am sure you can install 32 bit oracle client in your system and it will work.In that case you dont need to change.

If you only have the 32-bit provider installed, you need to change the Run64BitRuntime property.

The easiest solution is to install both providers, 32-bit and 64-bit, as Joost mentioned.

MCSE SQL Server 2012 - Please mark posts as answered where appropriate.

Thursday, July 18, 2013 7:50 PM
  • Hi There,

You do not need to install 64bit driver. Just go to your Project Solution Properties and Under "Debugging Option" Change Run64bitRuntime to False.

Your problem will be resolved.

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 7:26 PM
  • Hi There,

You do not need to install 64bit driver. Just go to your Project Solution Properties and Under "Debugging Option" Change Run64bitRuntime to False.

Your problem will be resolved.

This will work when designing the packages on the local machine, but this setting doesn't work on a 64-bit server.

MCSE SQL Server 2012 - Please mark posts as answered where appropriate.

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 7:31 PM