none
After logging on I get a command prompt and not the Windows GUI

Question

• After creating my latest WES image, a brand new starting point but based upon information gained from previous builds, when I restore the image using WINPE and then logon via the standard windows logon, I am presented with a command window (C:\windows\system32) and not the windows GUI.  If I do <CTRL> + <ALT> + <DEL> I get the windows log off and I can also run "Task Manager".

Does anyone know what I have done with my Windows GUI?

Any help greatly appreciated.

- Doug
    Wednesday, November 04, 2009 4:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Richard,

Many thanks for the reply.  I did have the "Explorer Shell" in my slx but I also had the "Command Shell" which was causing a conflict that I never noticed.  I have removed the "Command Shell" and everything is fine.

Regards,

- Doug
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 9:40 AM

All replies

• this sounds like you have missed out the explorer component as in the shell version.

and that you have the command line shell in its place.

You might want to go back and look at your slx and see if that is the case.

You should have 'Explorer Shell [Version x.x.xxxx.xxxx]

if you have task manager and you select run and type explorer that will just run the explorer subsystem (filemanager) and not the whole desktop GUI

good luck
    www.embeddedtalk.co.uk www.steatite.co.uk
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 9:17 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Richard,

Many thanks for the reply.  I did have the "Explorer Shell" in my slx but I also had the "Command Shell" which was causing a conflict that I never noticed.  I have removed the "Command Shell" and everything is fine.

Regards,

- Doug
    Thursday, November 05, 2009 9:40 AM