none
Where's the Helpviewer 2.1 Manage Content Windows API Download Option?

Question

• I need to download the Windows API (8.1) documentation so that I can view it offline.  It appears that it is only available online.  I hope that this is not the case as I (like I hope all serious programmers do) code offline for obvious security reasons.

I cannot find the option in the Manage Content list provided by Help Viewer 2.1.  I am using Visual Studio Express 2013.

The size in gibabytes of the full API documentation set is of no concern.  All computers now come with huge disk drives.

What's more, I cannot find a single relevant hit when I Google "Windows 8.1 API documentation download."  What is this, the new "Internet Hell of things?"

The Microsoft sites that offer Windows SDK downloads, lack a documentation download option.  Documentation links only.

I'm willing to buy the disk, if that is the only available option.

Perhaps it is available as part of an MSDN subscription ... ???

Thanks in advance for shedding some light on this mystery.

Charles S. Cotton

Sunday, July 20, 2014 12:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Charles,

I also couldn’t get it in my side using help viewer 2.1 of VS2013 Ultimate version.

You can submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx, Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 21, 2014 8:11 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Not even available as an option in VS3013 Ultimate you say ... I was wondering whether it was an 'Express' version limitation.  You have confirmed that it is not.

Thanks for the info!

Charles S. Cotton

Monday, July 21, 2014 1:09 PM
  • Hi Charles,

If you submit a connect report for this issue, please share me the link here, I will help you vote it, so we could also get useful information from the product team expert.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 8:11 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Here is the connect link for the 'bug' report I just filed for this issue:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/926620/windows-8-1-api-missing-in-helpviewer-2-1-as-a-download-option

Charles.

Charles S. Cotton

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 5:59 PM
  • Vote it!

Have a nice day,

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 1:35 AM