According to your description, my understanding is that you want to open the .xdp files in Adobe LiveCycle by default in SharePoint.
It appears that .xdp files are not associated with Adobe LiveCycle on client computer.
I recommend to associate .xdp files with Adobe LiveCycle.
- In Windows, select Control Panel > All Control Panel Items >Default Programs.
- Select Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
- In the list, select the <tt>.xdp</tt> file type and select Change program.
- Select Browse and then the <tt>FormDesigner.exe</tt> file in the folder where you installed the Adobe LiveCycle Designer program files. Click Open.
- Make sure that the <tt>Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES</tt> entry and the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file checkbox are selected. Click OK.
When you now double-click an <tt>.xdp</tt> file to open it, the file opens in Adobe LiveCycle Designer.
More information are provided in the link below:
We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
It was all done in the first place; the IE associations were also set. Firefox opens these types of files properly from SharePoint; system itself does it all right in general.
Only IE with SharePoint does not do the job (should have mentioned in the first place, sorry).