none
I get a error 'a specified communication resource (port) is already in use by another application.' while launching my app

Question

• Hi,

I have created a app that talks to a webservice. When i lanuch this app i get the error 'Error 1 a specified communication resource (port) is already in use by another application.' I know this is something to do with the default emulator. How can i solve this issue ?

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 11:49 PM

Answers

• If you were running it you would know as you would have had to willfully downloaded it from a non-microsoft site and manually copied the emulator image to the correct place. I was asking because the error message you've described is known to happen with some of the unlocked/hacked images. But that's not the case here...
    Joel Ivory Johnson | http://www.j2i.net | Device Application Development MVP
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Wednesday, June 09, 2010 7:07 PM

All replies

• By any chance are you using one of the unlocked Windows Phone images?
    It takes all the running you can do to stay in one place.If you want to get somewhere else,you must try to run at least twice as fast as that.
    Wednesday, June 09, 2010 1:05 AM
  • How do i check that ?
    Wednesday, June 09, 2010 4:22 PM
  • If you were running it you would know as you would have had to willfully downloaded it from a non-microsoft site and manually copied the emulator image to the correct place. I was asking because the error message you've described is known to happen with some of the unlocked/hacked images. But that's not the case here...
    Wednesday, June 09, 2010 7:07 PM
  • i am having the same problem.  the tool was working at one time, then i had to uninstall it, then i reinstalled it.  since then, everytime i hit the F5 key, i get the exact error.  i don't know what is the problem.  but i have never downloaded any emulation from another site.  i had the previous version of development tool before, but i already removed it, then installed the new tool.

any ideas?

thanks

jw

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 12:56 PM
  • I am also having an identical issue.

Upon Deployment I recieve:

"Error 1 a specified communication resource (port) is already in use by another application.  0 0"

And it will not deploy my app to the emulator.  I've never downloaded another image, I'm using the standard one included with the tools.

(This is the Window 7 Phone emulator)

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 4:54 PM
  • in my case, i made a mistake.  the installer i was using to install was the old version.  that is why i got the error.  what i suggest is to remove everything and delete the old installer, re-download the installer and install.

jw

Thursday, September 09, 2010 1:06 PM