none
msvcrt.lib error

Question

• Hello Guys,

i am trying to built a project in visual c++ 2008 but getting some errors during dubbing.

Error 1 error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)" (??0type_info@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) already defined in libcmtd.lib(typinfo.obj) msvcrt.lib

Error 2 error LNK2005: "private: class type_info & __thiscall type_info::operator=(class type_info const &)" (??4type_info@@AAEAAV0@ABV0@@Z) already defined in libcmtd.lib(typinfo.obj) msvcrt.lib

Error 4 fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

please help me to resolve these errors.

Thanks
    Suresh

sure

Monday, October 07, 2013 6:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• You're probably mixing the static and dynamic versions of the VC++ runtime. Are you linking to any static libraries?
    Monday, October 07, 2013 6:52 AM
  • Below link may help you

CRT Library Features

Thanks, Renjith V R

Monday, October 07, 2013 8:19 AM
  • Thanks for your quick reply...

Yes sir i am using a static library one is pjsip and one is intel IPP library ..

so now what should i do

need any changes in path etc..

thanks and regards

sure

sure

Monday, October 07, 2013 9:28 AM
  • No you don't have to change any path . Make sure the Project and all dependent project and Dll are getting linked through same mechanism either through static CRT linkage or Dynamic CRT linkage.

Thanks

Rupesh Shukla

Monday, October 07, 2013 2:16 PM
  • I'm not familiar with Intel's IPP library. I would guess that it is using the dynamic version of the VC++ runtime and your project is using the static version of the runtime. Try changing the VC++ runtime version in your project properties, configuration properties, C/C++, code generation, runtime library.
    Monday, October 07, 2013 3:31 PM