Crystal Report V.13 with Visual Studio 2010

General discussion

• Hi,

i have a problem with my website.

i create this navigation menus, wich work just fine.

i'm using 1 master page, so all navigation menu should open with the same master page and in the same window.

but right after i click the navigation menu for reporting(eg. open an inventory report) and i navigate back to other menu, they always open in new window instead of open in the same window with the same master page as before.

is this has something to do with the crystal report?

sorry if i mis-post my question in the wrong forum..

thx in advance.

regards,

-Willie-

-Regards- Willy Noviandy
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 9:45 AM

All replies

• Is the navigator menu on the master page?
    If so, how do you create the menu, using HTML+Javascript or ASP.NET TreeView control?

Leo Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:03 AM
  • Hi Leo,

Thanks for your reply,

the navigation menu is on a different .aspx file

i created the menu by using HTML + Javascript. what i don't understand is the behaviour after i open my report page using crystal report viewer within it. if i navigate somewhere else, the navigation works just fine.

btw, i've tried to change the report using report wizard(.rdlc, before it was.rpt) i use report viewer on my page and my navigation menu works fine. so i'm suspecting this must have something to do with crystal report.

any idea?

-Regards- Willy Noviandy
    • Edited by Wie Lie Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:26 AM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:23 AM
  • If your menu items are all <a /> tags, check the target attribute of them.
    If friends here could not help resolving your issue, try to post in the ASP.NET Forum for further research.

Leo Liu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

-------------------------------------------------
    This response contains links reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you.
    Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there.
    There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Thursday, April 28, 2011 11:48 AM
  • Any progress?
    Leo Liu [MSFT]

Monday, May 02, 2011 3:36 AM
  • Hi Leo,

sorry i've been away for a while.

about my menu items navigation, yes, they are all in <a></a> tag.

i already checked the hyperlink and target, they are all good.

does this has anything related to crystal report?

because the navigation failure from my menu items happens after i open the report.

i'm using crystal report viewer in my aspx page.

-Regards- Willy Noviandy
    Tuesday, May 03, 2011 6:12 AM
  • Really has nothing to do with Crystal Report development I am supposing, while it has the possibility to be caused by Crystal Report. Check the performances in various browsers:IE, Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, etc.
    Leo Liu [MSFT]

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 6:17 AM
  • Hi Leo,

i didn't quite get what you mean.

nothing to do with CR dev while has the possibility caused by CR?

the same behaviour happens in other browsers(chrome, firefox)

thx.

-Regards- Willy Noviandy
    Tuesday, May 03, 2011 6:42 AM
  • I think the only measure you should take now is to upload your code project package to a public place like SkyDrive for us to download and reproduce your issue, make sure the database file is included if any.
    Leo Liu [MSFT]

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 6:50 AM
  • Hi Leo,

well, let me see if my boss agree with that kind of measure, since i myself is kinda hard to bring home the application's database from my customer's office.

thx anyway.

for now, i guess i'll use somekind of a workaround like making all reports open in pop up dialog or change all the reports using sql report viewer.

thx.

-Regards- Willy Noviandy
    Tuesday, May 03, 2011 7:24 AM
  • For the consideration of privacy. Understand.
    Leo Liu [MSFT]

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 7:48 AM