An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine Error code: 10053

Question

• Hi,

My app communicates w/another app on a different machine via sockets - the other app listens on a specific port. Most of the time this exchange between these two programs work just fine. There are intermittent errors with the foll message:

"An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine Error code: 10053"

I am making the send calls as follows:

myClient = new TcpClient(m1IP, m1Port);
    myClient.Client.Send(C_func(myStruct), Marshal.SizeOf(myStruct), 0);

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks in advance.
    • Moved by Rudedog2MVP Wednesday, March 10, 2010 6:11 PM System.Net (From:Visual C# General)
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 5:35 PM

All replies

• For questions related to the general framework classes including serial ports and collections use the .NET Base Class Library forum.

For questions related to the types found in the System.Net namesapce use the Network Class Library (System.Net) forum.

You should get more, faster, and better responses on the other forums.

Rudy

Mark the best replies as answers. "Fooling computers since 1971."
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 6:11 PM
  • Error 10053 (from MSDN documentation ):

WSAECONNABORTED
    Software caused connection abort.

An established connection was aborted by the software in your host computer, possibly due to a data transmission time-out or protocol error.

So possibly a time-out? It's up to your code to deal with errors (like a time-out) and act accordingly (for example restart the connection, give up and warn the user etc.).

Cristian.
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:51 PM
  • Hi,

I was wondering about the root cause. Why does it work for several hours and then have a bout of 10053 errors ?

Thanks
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:23 PM
  • Without knowing the exact underlying cause, hard to tell. Maybe the remote host was overloaded, or dropped off the network? or your local network got congested?

Either enabling tracing in your application or using a sniffer to capture network traffic should tell you more.

Cristian.
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 4:35 PM
  • Without knowing the exact underlying cause, hard to tell. Maybe the remote host was overloaded, or dropped off the network? or your local network got congested?

Either enabling tracing in your application or using a sniffer to capture network traffic should tell you more.

Cristian.

Yes, it's hard to tell the exact reason that caused this problem. But I think it is most possible that it is the server overloaded .
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 3:31 PM