none
SQL database error

Question

• I am not able to connect database on SQL server while configuring workstation. Getting below error while connecting to any new database.
    Tuesday, October 08, 2013 4:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Go to SQL Server Management Studio and try connecting to same server using same authentication and see if database test is accessible
    Tuesday, October 08, 2013 5:36 AM
  • Looks like you may be using a 3rd-party app to connect. The above image shows "MS-Access Workgroup" - so, if you are connecting via 3rd party, be sure and double-check your ODBC settings (System DSN) and drivers - since your interface probably requires SQL ODBC driver to make the connection. "Start," Control Panel, Administrative Tools, "Data Sources (ODBC)". Double-check "Drivers" tab that SQL Server is listed, and then check the "System DSN" tab and, as may be necessary, create your ODBC credentials to connect to your database.

On the "System DSN" tab, choose "Add," then make sure "SQL Server" is chosen, click Finish and it will take you to the "Create a New Data Source" area, enter a DSN name, Description and Server Name, then "Next."

On that 'next' screen, you choose either "SQL Authentication" or "Windows Authentication" and then, as necessary, enter any UserID & Password that will be used to make the connection. That's pretty much it.

Also, you can easily check remotely to see if you have access to the SQL instance on that sever:

sc \\lxi249 query | find/I "sqlserver ("

Reference my wiki for more info on that, if you want.

The above command should return something like:

DISPLAY NAME: SQL SERVER (MSSQLSERVER)

I hope I was helpful.

Please remember to Mark as Answer if I was able to help resolve your issue. Thanks!

tnjman

• Edited by TNJMAN Tuesday, October 08, 2013 6:02 AM more detail
    Tuesday, October 08, 2013 5:53 AM
  • Try by changing the server name with its IPAddress

Ramesh Babu Vavilla MCTS,MSBI

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 6:31 AM
  • Thanks for the reply's... problem hasbeen resolved by installing SP 4 for SQL 2005
    Tuesday, October 08, 2013 6:55 AM
  • Sorry guys for late replay...... last time it work with Sp 4 but now i am stuck. 

I have did all those steps mentioned above still not any success.

I am not able to create new database with that application. 

Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:02 AM