none
Proxy 502 error. Reason - Error Reading from remote server

Question

• I am responsible for support of a ASP.net application coded in C#. The architecture of the application is such that the code of the application is hosted on 6 different IIS servers. The requested made by the browser is passed through a Load Balancer and reverse proxy to the web servers. The timeout setting at the proxy server (which is apche) is 5 min.

Occassionaly, when a request made by the user takes more than 5 minutes to process, user receives the below error.

502 Proxy Error

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request POST/unison/AccountValidation.aspx.

Reason: Error reading from Remote server

Could anybody suggest how to implement the Keep alives in the source code itself (as we cannot increase the timeout in proxy server) so that after 5 minutes, the keep alives are sent from the web server to keep the connection alive between the proxy server and web server?

• Moved by Alexander Sun Friday, May 11, 2012 9:59 AM ASP.NET related (From:Visual C# General)
    Thursday, May 10, 2012 1:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Deepankursingh,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

According to your description, I think the ASP.NET forum is more appropriate for your thread, so I recommend you go to ASP.NET forum for better support: http://forums.asp.net/

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, May 11, 2012 9:59 AM
  • Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your input.

I believe that the thread has already been moved to ASP.net forum and I dont have to do anything.

Friday, May 11, 2012 10:45 AM